POSITION TITLE: Youth Programs Manager
DEPARTMENT: Youth & Community Programs
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director of Youth & Community Programs
DIRECT REPORTS: Assigned interns
CAPSULE POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Youth Programs Manager reports to the Director of Youth and Community Programs and directly supervises youth and community program interns.
The position’s primary responsibilities include planning and execution of i play! afterschool sports tournaments and Fit Family Challenge Big Events, maintaining program records/data, and supporting day to day program administration.
i play! afterschool
- Manage program registration including data entry and maintaining accurate enrollment documentation year round.
- Prepare for and facilitate Coach Orientation sessions each fall.
- Work closely with the Director of Youth and Community Programs to plan and execute five sports tournaments annually.
- In partnership with afterschool providers, oversee 48 i play! afterschool Provide communication regarding upcoming events and program documentation requirements.
- Coordinate site visits to all campuses throughout the i play! afterschool
- Manage the distribution, collection, and organization of i play! pre/post surveys completed by coaches.
- Work with national governing bodies (NGBs) and other community partners to host five sport specific coach’s trainings annually.
- In partnership with school districts, oversee team transportation requests and logistics for each sport tournament.
Fit Family Challenge
- Coordinate efforts with community partners (e.g., school districts, local churches) to implement Fit Family Challenge weekday fitness classes.
- Implement day to day administrative aspects of services related to Fit Family Challenge
- Manage packing and distribution of Fit Family Challenge marketing materials to school district and faith based partners.
- Conduct site visits prior to the start of Fit Family Challenge to ensure weekday fitness class sites are suitable for program needs.
- Acts as contact for all vendors, families, collaborators, etc.
- Coordinate with big event partners (city council districts, local nonprofits etc.) to plan and implement five big events over the course of the 12 week program.
- Works with San Antonio Sports Director of Volunteers to secure an adequate number of volunteers per event.
- Attend weekly events as needed throughout the 12 week program.
- Assist with program data collection, data entry and data management.
- Manage weekly fitness class food/beverage purchases and inventory
- Oversee program rewards and incentives including; purchasing, maintaining inventory, and reward redemption documentation.
- Work with Director of Youth and Community Programs to provide program support for Go!Kids Challenge and KiDS ROCK programming.
- Provide staff support at any necessary events, such as Hall of Fame, Corporate Cup, etc.
- Be a team player, as needed, where needed.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Energy, enthusiasm and confidence in event planning and execution.
- Charismatic and personable in working with youth.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to build positive relationships with coaches and community partners.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent detail orientation.
- Ability and desire to work in an outdoor environment which may include inclement weather.
- Skill in dealing effectively and efficiently with the public
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in sports management or closely-related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years of youth programming experience, sports tournament planning experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Current driver’s license
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evening and weekend hours depending on program.
A competitive benefits and compensation package will be offered for this position based upon the successful candidate’s education, skills and experience. The position offers an excellent working environment in the San Antonio Sports headquarters at the Alamodome in San Antonio.
To apply e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- : San Antonio Sports
- : 05/26/2018
- : Mandy Adkins
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 2108202125