Motivated by its vision to be the best organization to help girls thrive in the 21st century, Girl Scouts is the only organization that prepares every girl to practice a lifetime of leadership by providing access to countless girl-led experiences, skill-building opportunities, and connections. This is where girls grow into G.I.R.L.s – Go-getters, Innovators, Risk-Takers and Leaders. The mission of the Girl Scouts is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
In 1920 the Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas (GSNETX) began with only two troops. Today across Dallas and Northeast Texas, 21,000 girls participate in the troop program supported by more than 8,800 adult volunteers. An additional 4,000 girls participate in community outreach programs (Las Mariposas, Girl Scouts Direct, Girl Scouting in the School Day). The “authentic” Girl Scout experience (including camps, participation in the cookie program, uniform and badge experiences) is provided through several leadership development programs.
Beginning just North of Waco extending to the Oklahoma state line, and from Irving to the Louisiana border, GSNETX covers 32 counties in Texas. The organization is lead by Chief Executive Officer, Jennifer Bartkowski and governed by a 30-member board. Bartkowski leads more than 100 staff and three 501(c)3 organizations: Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas, Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas Endowment Foundation and GSNETX STEM Center of Excellence. GSNETX has an annual budget of $16.9 million, with a strong and diversified earned revenue model, less than 20% of its annual budget is raised through charitable contributions.
Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas seeks a Vice President of Fund Development responsible for executing a strategy to increase the pipeline of individual, corporate, foundation, United Way, and special event gifts to the council, while maintaining relationships with existing donors. In addition to managing a personal portfolio of donors, the Vice President will be responsible for a development team and support the CEO’s fundraising effort, including closing out the current capital campaign.
Successful candidates will possess the following education and experience: ?
- Bachelor’s degree. ?
- Minimum of seven years experience in fundraising with a proven track record in generating “net” ?proceeds, preferably in Northeast Texas. ?
- Experience in establishing community partnerships and increased visibility. ?
- Experience managing a staff and volunteer team. ?
- Victory Search Group (VSG) is a senior level retained executive search firm serving a select group of clients from five offices across the United States. VSG has successfully identified, assessed and recruited senior leadership for over 15 years by being highly collaborative and focused on customer service; we prize partnering with our clients and are trusted by them for our judgment, integrity and responsiveness.
- Victory Search Group is privileged to partner with Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas to recruit a Vice President of Fund Development. Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- : GIRL SCOUTS OF NORTHEAST TEXAS
- : 12/31/2018
- : Brenda Gomes
- : firstname.lastname@example.org