How you will contribute to our organization:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well. Unique to the Y is our commitment to serving all in our community. To that end, we provide more than $2 million in financial assistance annually to ensure all in our community are able to participate, regardless of ability to pay.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as the Vice President, Development. As a member of the senior management team of the organization the Vice President, Development provides strategic leadership to foster a culture of philanthropy within the YMCA of Austin.
What are the details?
In this role, you will lead the establishment and implementation of innovative financial development strategies to advance our mission through annual giving, government and foundation grants, endowment bequests and gifts, financial assistance, capital campaigns, and special events. You will partner with the CEO and senior leadership to develop an actively engaged fundraising volunteer board of directors and to position the YMCA of Austin as the “charity of choice” for the investment of donations within the local community.
- Oversee all aspects of development programs and initiatives by defining a comprehensive strategy, establishing goals and a roadmap, and leading a team to success.
- Ensure that philanthropy and financial development support the association’s values, mission, vision, and strategic plans.
- Design, lead and manage financial development programs, including annual campaign, major gifts, endowment and planned giving, fundraising events, capital campaigns, and donor management.
- Identify and address internal and external forces on the association that challenge and/or support philanthropic effectiveness.
- Develop an effective combination of donor sources and solicitation programs.
- Establish and maintain fundraising policies, procedures, and performance measures. Monitor results and help the CEO, Board and the Financial Development Committee(s) to evaluate the effectiveness of the association’s financial development program.
- Support board members, CEO, other volunteers and staff to identify, cultivate, and solicit charitable gifts and major gifts.
- Direct and coordinate the association’s annual campaign and the growth of the endowment fund.
- Develop and implement cultivation, acknowledgment and recognition programs.
- Ensure that volunteers are properly recruited, identified, trained and supported through effective policies and procedures.
- Provide input and support to achieve the YMCA of Austin’s strategic goals through participation on the association’s senior management team and through the effective performance management of all department staff and volunteers.
- Manage sound fiscal operation of development function including timely and accurate budgeting, reporting, monitoring, and implementation.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and laws in fund development.
- Maintain accountability to donors and be compliant with standards of the association and professional conduct for fundraising executives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Non-profit administration or related field is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of fundraising experience demonstrating success in developing and implementing a comprehensive development program including annual giving, capital campaigns, government and foundation grants, major gifts and planned giving. Must have 5 years of staff supervision experience.
- Must have a proven track record in raising at least $20 million in pledge dollars for capital campaigns and $2 million in annual campaign funds.
- You can define an organizational philanthropic vision and purpose. You are able to paint a compelling picture of the broader vision and strategy. You are able to drive a team to results.
- You possess a strategic mindset. You can envision future possibilities and translate them into action.
- You are action-oriented and focus on results. You easily take on new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency and a solutions-oriented mindset. You have a record of consistently achieving results.
- You build effective teams. You build and develop a team that can apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve the organization’s fundraising goals.
- You create networks. You effectively build formal and informal networks to drive forward the philanthropic strategy and plan.
- You collaborate effectively. You are excellent at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared goals.
- You are a strong communicator. You are skilled at developing and delivering communications and messaging that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- : YMCA of Austin
- : 03/31/2020
- : Gladys Jaimes
- : email@example.com
- : 5123229620
- : https://www.austinymca.org/careers