This position provides strategic support to the Director of Strategy & Partnerships in advancing MHM’s mission, vision, goals, and strategic plan. This position will be responsible for providing administrative, strategy development, and partnership support to advance health equity through MHM’s strategic initiatives and organizational levers. The Strategy Manager serves an important role integrating the work across the department, facilitating decision-making, consensus-building, and engaging closely with staff across MHM who are responsible for planning and implementing the strategic plan.
Strategy Development & Growth
- Supports strategy development through proposal design, work plans and road maps to track projects and initiatives.
- Manages the strategic alignment process for new requests, proposals, etc. by reviewing for alignment to strategy, tracking submission and progress, processes letters of inquiry and proposals and working with impacted departments.
- Performs annual business planning, business case development, and go-to-market strategies to support strategic planning efforts.
- Supports and facilitates strategic conversations, planning efforts and group decision-making processes through critical thinking, teamwork, collaborative problem-solving, and inclusion.
- Provides strategic and tactical leadership to coordinate and/or support department events, meetings, special events, public speaking, visibility opportunities, etc. Identifies conferences, webinars and committees that serve as opportunities for MHM to participate in or present their work, as appropriate, participate in developing and providing content support for these opportunities.
- Serves as professional representative of the Strategy & Growth department and support organizational initiatives, goals, and priorities.
Strategic (Organizational) Partnerships
- Maps the relationships and networks within MHM’s ecosystem to identify key opportunities for connection and coordination across strategic initiatives, projects, and partners.
- Creates and refine the systems, processes, and tools for building and managing a partnerships pipeline, establishing clear goals, metrics, and performance measurements.
- Works with the Director of Strategy & Partnerships to manage strategic partnerships, identify new partners and approaches in advancing the strategic plan and, as appropriate, and identify ways to integrate these efforts. Partner closely with program and project teams to identify strategic opportunities, support stakeholder engagement, and develop partnership contracts.
- Oversees the management and development of existing relationships within the Partner Portal of the Strategic Operating System/Dashboard. Track, update, and lead the preparation of strategic updates on partnerships as needed.
- Navigates a high degree of complexity in scheduling, organizing and managing meetings, and following up and tracking action items. Includes aligning the department calendar, responsible for logistical support, internal communication, note-taking and dissemination, and scheduling of related meetings.
- Coordination and development of agendas for meetings and create presentations for key internal and external meetings (e.g., board meetings, team strategy sessions, pitch decks, etc.)
- Tracks and coordinates departmental projects, initiatives, and priorities, as needed support the planning and implementation. Plan and manage departmental events and activities includes both virtual and in-person convenings.
- Manages departmental administrative documents, contracts, and reporting activities. Explore ways to continuously improve the collecting, organizing, synthesizing, and sharing of information.
- Performs data collection, analysis and reporting to Director and VP for decision making purposes. Draft letters, correspondence, memos, charts, documents, tables, graphs, and plans as requested. Develops documents for internal and external use, including summaries, issue briefs, PowerPoint presentations, reports, and articles.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Five (5) years of strategy, public health, health and human services, nonprofit, or philanthropic experience required. Conceptual, analytical, project management, and organizational skills preferred.
The ideal candidate has experience in strategy consulting, strategic planning, or a similar domain. Experience with organizational development, strategic planning, writing and reviewing, developing policies and procedures, working with consultants, and developing assessments is highly preferred. Strong organizational skills with ability to complete projects and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Experience working with underserved or under resourced populations is preferred. Experience with the nonprofit sector and nonprofit business models preferred.
This position requires the ability and experience to interact comfortably and professionally with senior level staff of different organizations as well as patients and grassroots organizations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must have one year of supervisory experience. Directly supervises staff in their respected department in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; scheduling and approving timesheets; appraising performance; ensuring safety compliance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Strong verbal, organizational and written communication skills. Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to prepare presentations and documents that conform to prescribed style and format. Must be able to speak effectively and respond to questions before groups of customers, community members, leaders, or employees of an organization (diverse audiences). Must be fluent in English.
A creative, strategic, and forward thinker with the drive to work independently and in group settings. A negotiator with interpersonal and relational skills, including a demonstrated ability to work in a complex and matrix team environment, with a strong focus on collaboration and innovation. Skilled in project management, setting and meeting deadlines, and time management.
Need to understand processes and work creatively with diverse types of stakeholders to build consensus. Sound judgment and maturity, exemplified by consistent professionalism, with an ability to identify and address organizational needs, develop and justify recommendations, and be responsive and clear in interacting with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Can manage diverse stakeholder input and the strategic perspective in real-time. Ability to translate from strategic imperatives to logistical realities.
Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of the Internet, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Able to customize toolbars, import and insert graphs, embed Excel data, and elaborate reports.
- Committed to health equity
- Passion to create change that leads to better lives and healthier communities
- Capacity to think strategically and analytically about social, economic, cultural, and political issues affecting a community
- Capacity to adapt rapidly to changing priorities, objectives, and situations
- Solid relationship management skills enhancing internal organizational relations and external interactions
- Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community
- Creative and innovative
- Ability to design and implement effective workflow processes and procedures
- Strong focus on personal growth and development, and a willingness to regularly receive and act on performance feedback in pursuit of continuous professional growth
- Ability to work in a changing environment and as part of a team, taking on tasks at all levels
- Must be able to drive and have access to a vehicle; maintain valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position necessitates bending, stooping, twisting, turning, walking, climbing step stools, sitting and standing for periods of time. Must be able to lift and maneuver at least 25 pounds.
This position may require travel outside of San Antonio up to 25% of the time.
- Methodist Healthcare Ministries
- Talent Management Business Partner
4507 Medical Dr. | San Antonio, TX 78229
Talent Management Business Partner