Flexible Location (Austin, DFW, Houston, or San Antonio)
ABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
For more than 15 years, KIPP Austin, KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Houston, and KIPP San Antonio have put thousands of KIPPsters on the path to and through college. Last year, we collectively educated over 25,000 students in more than 50 schools, covering a geographic area of over 400 miles. Our regions have a long history of informal collaboration, with teachers and staff members sharing ideas, curricula, professional development, facilities, finances, end-of-year field trips, and more. As we look to the next academic year, all KIPP schools in Texas are seeking to officially join forces as KIPP Texas Public Schools.
The Social Media Specialist for KIPP Texas Public Schools will be the digital voice of the organization as they develop strategy, messaging, content, and engagement for various social/digital media platforms. Although they will primarily focus on building and maintaining the KIPP Texas brand across social media, the Specialist will also act as an advisor for school-based practices and procedures.
- Manage day-to-day social media content management working closely with the Marketing Director, Creative Services Manager, and Graphic Design Specialist
- Own (while collaborating closely with the Marketing Team) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other emerging platforms
- Contribute directly to content concepting and creation
- Co-develop and follow a content calendar developed with the Director of Marketing and Creative Services Manager
- Respond to comments/messages in a timely manner to ensure our audience feels heard and connected
- Create and enforce social media guidelines across the KIPP Texas network
- Organize and analyze the performance data of all social media accounts
- Leverage social performance measurement tools to optimize content for both engagement and specific objectives (i.e. student recruitment, teacher recruitment, development)
- Help educate other departments/schools on the ever-changing world of social media
- Effectively handle content requests from other departments/schools across social channels
- Protect the voice and integrity of the brand
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or a related degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience managing social/digital media for an organization or company
- Experience working in an organization focused on education/schools preferred
- Ability to anticipate, consider and react to real-time trends and current events while working within the brand and culture of KIPP Texas Public Schools
- Demonstrate an active use and understanding of social media, as well as the social web
- Illustrate proficiency in analyzing and measuring the effectiveness of social content and experience making data-driven decisions to drive social media strategy
- Strong attention to details
- Balance extensive creativity, strong writing skills, and high integrity on decision making for fast-moving social media content decisions
- Operate at the speed of digital – taking advantage of both proactive and reactive opportunities to devise relevant social content
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Skilled at photography via a variety of devices or cameras
- Video shooting and/or editing preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking, teamwork and collaborative aptitude required
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.
KIPP is a non-profit network of 200 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. We believe that all students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to seize those opportunities. Great education transforms lives.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.