This is an immediate opening.
Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council (GSSJC) serves 54,000 girls and 17,900 dedicated adult volunteers in 26 counties in Southeast Texas. The Council’s total budget is $19 million. Its combined facilities include Houston headquarters, seven resource centers, and nine active camp properties (three resident). Total staff consists of 135 full-time employees plus part-time and seasonal staff. GSSJC is dedicated to providing programsin safe environments for all girls to develop their leadership skills in challenging and engaging experiences. In Girl Scouts, girls learn what it takes to be a leader by discovering a positive value system and a strong sense of self, connecting with others, building healthy relationships, identifying causes that are meaningful, and taking action to make the world a better place.
The Senior Director of Girl Leadership and Outdoor Program is responsible for the development and implementation of quality programmatic strategies and operating models utilizing effective staff and volunteer delivery teams that provide the Girl Scout Leadership Experience through a range of programs including camp and outdoor activities. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this individual will have leadership responsibility for implementing the programmatic and volunteer support aspects of our newly adopted Every Girl Outdoors strategy including development of new programs and partnerships, redeployment of programs and services within our portfolio, and change management leadership with our membership as we implement our new property and program portfolio strategy.
First year objectives include:
- Develop and administer appropriate operating plans, budgets, performance metrics and program goals to achieve council and national strategies. Significant growth in premier programs is a primary objective including: increasing participation and volunteer leadership in outdoor and STEM programs, special interest groups, Highest Awards (bronze, silver and gold), and camp utilization.
- Recruit, manage, develop and retain program staff.
- Ensure a successful operational volunteer structure is in place to deliver the Girl Scout Leadership Experience through council-wide and regional programs.
The Senior Director of Girl Leadership and Outdoor Program will have six direct reports and manage a team of eleven, with a total complement up to 100, including seasonal staff. Budgetary responsibility will be $2.5 million. Success in this position will utilize effective management of staff, volunteers, programs and property use in a highly decentralized environment. This position has the expectation of night and weekend work as assignments require.
Candidates for the position of Senior Director of Girl Leadership and Outdoor Program are expected to have a minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience that demonstrates success in a mission-driven and community-oriented organization. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
This position requires exceptional management skills in areas such as executive communication, business and financial acumen, strategic thinking, innovation, and exemplary customer service. Candidates must be capable public speakers who can articulate goals and engage, persuade, and inspire a broad group of stakeholders. Experience in volunteer development and management is highly desirable. Individuals from the world of Girl Scouts, other nonprofits, and organizations with exceptional customer engagement are encouraged to apply.
- Collaborative and empowering style in working with multiple stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated depth in problem solving, judgment and decision-making
- Substantial budgeting and fiscal management of $2 million or better
- Personal attributes of integrity, responsibility, self-awareness, and ethical conduct
- Passion for the Girl Scout vision and mission
The Council provides a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, accident and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan (with employer match after one year), and attractive time off. Relocation support will be considered.
Council website: https://www.gssjc.org/
HOW TO APPLY
Girl Scouts of San Jacinto is an equal opportunity employer.
We urge interested candidates to apply as soon as possible to meet the Council’s timetable to fill this exciting position. Applications will continue to be reviewed until this important position is filled. For immediateconsideration, please email your cover letter and resume, along with desired salary:
Bob Perodeau, Principal
Evergreen Executive Source, LLC
Voice (800) 286 4009 http://www.egreensource.com/
Providing executive recruiting services to Girl Scouts of the USA since 2001
- : Girl Scouts of San Jacinto
- : 09/28/2019
- : Bob Perodeau, Principal
- : (800) 286 4009
- : email@example.com
- : http://www.egreensource.com/
Bob Perodeau, Principal
#(800) 286 4009