To apply: http://www.cci.org/careers.html
The Senior Development Director is responsible for managing the long-term regional fundraising plan and growing Canine Companions’ financial support through individual, foundation and corporate gifts as well as special events. They assist the Executive Director and provide leadership to the development team to oversee the identification, solicitation and development of community, local and regional funding sources. The position manages regional fund-raising events and related projects, monitors chapter activities, and oversees grant and research proposals. and is responsible for meeting specific annual revenue, donor cultivation and stewardship goals. This position manages and solicits an active portfolio of prospects for Canine Companions targeting, soliciting and closing five and six figure gifts for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Fund Development:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to develop and implement annual fundraising plan
- Develop, implement and support strategies that will offer sustainable short, intermediate and long-term growth in contributed income.
- Identifies and researches current and potential individual donors, including new prospects and existing donors. Cultivates, solicits and stewards a portfolio of 35-50+ qualified prospects in the $5,000 plus giving range.
- Direct research to identify and cultivate new donors/supporters, including individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Manage regional fundraising events including oversight of the sponsorship and auction solicitation as well as all logistical planning.
- Oversee planning and organization of national signature events throughout the region.
- In coordination with the Executive Director, identify, cultivate and solicit corporate support at the local and regional level.
- Build relationships and solicit gifts from current and new foundation donors. Serve as principal liaison to foundation representatives and host campus visits.
- Accurately and timely document moves management.
- Track and report on regional development trends
- Research new funding ideas and present proposals to the Executive Director
- Maintain statistical and research data for all funding sources
- Work with Executive Director to develop annual regional income and expense budgets for development projects and activities. Develop resources to meet the anticipated income need of the regional budget and manage regional development expenses. Analyze and report on variances between actual and budgeted income and expense amounts.
- Work closely with the National Development staff and report all regional development projects, newsletters, funding and related items. Provide reports monthly or as directed by Executive Director on: fund raising activities, major gifts, grants and special events, public relations, chapter activity, priority contracts and other funding efforts
- Ensure accurate records of all contacts are maintained. Establish and maintain correspondence records. Oversee regional development correspondence to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Stay abreast of philanthropic, economic, and social trends related to fundraising and CCI advocacy initiatives
- Relationship Management:
- In collaboration with other staff as appropriate, manage regional volunteer chapters and groups by providing support and leadership. Maintain Chapter alignment with national strategy and regional objectives.
- Collaborate on external communications and visibility raising efforts as the organization develops greater regional awareness
- Perform public presentations at Canine Companions events and community meetings
- Seek out and perform speaking engagements that further the CCI mission and reach new audiences
- Maintain regular correspondence and networking with regional donors.
- Be accountable not only for direct responsibilities outlined in this job description but also to serve fellow staff and other constituents with whom position interacts. Ensure actions and communications are honest and transparent.
- : Canine Companions for Independence
- : 10/31/2018
- : Laura National Human Resources Recruiter
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 7075664804
Laura National Human Resources Recruiter