KIPP San Antonio is a growing network of free, college-preparatory public charter schools that prepare students for success in college and in life. Outstanding educators, more time in school, a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum, and a strong culture of achievement and support help our students make significant academic gains. For more than 10 years, KIPP San Antonio has been redefining what is possible in public education.
KIPP San Antonio currently serves more than 2,945 students across six schools:
- KIPP Aspire Academy, founded in 2003;
- KIPP University Prep High School, founded in 2009;
- KIPP Camino Academy, founded in 2010 ;
- KIPP Un Mundo Dual Language Academy founded in 2012;
- KIPP Esperanza Dual Language Academy founded in 2014; and
- KIPP Poder Academy founded in 2015.
In order to continue to meet the needs of San Antonio’s students and the demand for additional high-quality, college-preparatory public schools in central San Antonio, we are currently embarking on an aggressive growth plan that will allow us to serve more than 9,000 K-12 students in 15 schools. We are committed to providing our students with an excellent education – no shortcuts, no excuses!
KIPP San Antonio is part of the national KIPP network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools with a track record of preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. There are currently 183 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving nearly 70,000 students.
KIPP San Antonio is a growing network that will operate 15 schools at scale by 2021. In School Year 2017-18, KIPP San Antonio will be a network of 6 schools serving nearly 3,300 students across three campuses. We are currently moving from a decentralized school operations model to a more centralized model. The School Office Manager will manage the front office teams, and will report to the Assistant School Leader of Operations.
Reports to: Senior Assistant School Leader of Operations
SCHOOL OPERATIONS LEADERSHIP
- Leads front office staff and holds them accountable to goals and outcomes (2-4 staff members depending on school size and location)
FINANCE & PURCHASING
- Purchases standard needs of the teaching staff, using the school based purchasing process, placing orders, tracking deliveries, and coding and submitting purchases request forms
- Support food service and transportation duty schedules and updates
- Supports day of logistics (e.g. transportation, lodging, meals, staffing plan, etc.) of off-site field trips and all on-site special events (Report Card Nights, Performances, Graduation, staff celebrations, etc.)
STUDENT INFORMAITON & TESTING
- Maintains accurate student data and information in compliance with federal, state, regional and school expectations
STUDENT RECRUITMENT & ENROLLMENT
- Lead student recruitment and registration execution to ensure that the school begins the academic year with full classes and actively recruits to fill open seats
RISK MANGEMENT, COMPLIANCE, & HR
- Ensure that all fire and safety regulations and procedures are implemented, ensuring the well-being of all school staff and students.
- Lead and/or support substitute and time-off management
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written in English), interpret policy and procedures, maintain emotional control under stress
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling, regular heavy lifting
- Biological exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred
- 3 to 7 years of work experience, preferably in education and/or business or operations management
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills (e.g. at least 2 years managing a team or multiple large projects)
- Strong project and time management skills; ability to effectively backwards plan, juggle multiple priorities with great attention to detail, and deliver consistent and timely results
- Strong strategic and analytical skills with an aptitude for shifting from fire-fighting to systems-building
- Sense of humility, customer service mindset, and shows urgency and the ability to proactively solve problems and make decisions quickly
- Team player with strong interpersonal and stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Ability to lead, influence, and hold others accountable to upholding high standards of operational excellence
- High level of comfort with financial oversight and budgetary tracking
- Ability to be calm under pressure, especially in difficult conversations with parents and staff
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel; Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a professional
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP SA’s mission and willingness to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP SA students, families, and staff
Salary range is commensurate with experience. A competitive benefits package is also offered
Please go to www.kippsa.org and click on the Careers tab.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Kipp San Antonio