The recruiter position is responsible for interviewing, testing and referring applicants for clerical, technical, administrative and management positions throughout the company. This position must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all clerical and specialized functions in the company, a basic understanding of the company’s organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices. This position does require the ability to travel up to 30% throughout locations in Texas to host job fairs and meet with business partners.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Processes job requisitions.
- Coordinates with hiring manager(s) to determine best recruiting process for position(s).
- Acts as liaison with area employment agencies and advertising agencies.
- Screens and interviews applicants.
- Coordinates appropriate employment testing.
- Conducts employment verifications.
- Extends verbal and written contingent job offers.
- Coordinates background checks and new-hire drug testing.
- Maintains employee referral program.
- Conducts orientation of new employees.
- Follows up with the related clerical aspects of employment, such as completing of health, employment and insurance forms, notifying the department of employee’s starting date and the requisition the employee is filling, etc.
- Completes weekly report on employment activity.
- Conducts exit interviews with terminating employees.
- Completes unemployment claims and provides company representation at unemployment hearings.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Relationship Management.
- Attention to Detail
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers/scanners. This job does require traveling and will be hosting and conducting job fairs in Texas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in human resources management, business administration or equivalent
- 5+ years of Human Resources/Training experience
- 5+ years of recruiting experience
- Knowledge of business principles
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of relevant software
- Excellent oral and written communication and the ability to make effective presentations to all levels of the organization are required.
- Training experience: developing and facilitating programs.
- Requires strong organizational skills and the ability to complete multiple complex tasks in a timely fashion.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience recruiting persons with disabilities
- Experience recruiting for multiple locations