Title: Program Director
Reports to: VP: Programs & Community Outreach
Direct report (s) include: Interns and Volunteers
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Director leads the execution of the mission delivery program development and management for PBT with a focus on an assigned region. The Program Director in partnership with the VP of Programs is responsible for developing and implementing key strategies to build the mission delivery volunteer program, expand community presence, provide services and identify strategic partners. He/she works within the guidelines, policies, and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible in reporting to the Senior Leadership of PBT.
Mission Program Delivery:
- Ensure consistency of quality, accountability and high standards in all programs and services – both client support and education. This includes providing training for staff and developing procedures, models and comprehensive frameworks of delivery.
- Ensure consistent and meaningful evaluation of all programs and services is carried out to assess their impact and success and to make needed changes and improvements as indicated.
- Responsible for ensuring all contracts, grants and mission program commitments are executed.
- Leads strategic efforts to grow and increases presence in region to reach more people and build brand of PBT.
- Compile, maintain and report on the monthly, quarterly and annual program statistics.
- Analyze trends in the program, identifying issues and developing and recommending solutions to the executive director
- Develop, implement and evaluate recruitment strategies to expand the number of clients participating in the program
- Responsible for working with Development team to report grant outcomes.
- Maintain all client files and documentation in an appropriate and accountable manner according to established standards.
- Maintain accurate and complete statistical records for all programs and services, providing the development and communications team with comprehensive details on programs offered.
Resource Development/Volunteer Management:
- Engages and develops volunteer base to ensure successful and consistent recruitment and retainment of volunteers.
- Implement, manage, supervise and evaluate all activities related to the Mission Delivery volunteer program.
- Develop, implement and evaluate recruitment strategies to expand the number of volunteers to support the program.
- Manages Internship program throughout the year for mission delivery program.
- Partner with Development Team grant writing, including prospect research, proposal preparation, grant reports, site visits, and relationship building with funders.
- He/she promotes the mission of Prevent Blindness Texas among the regional community.
- Responsible for strategic development of partnerships in the region.
- Partners with CEO & VP: Programs on strategically expanding presence in region.
- Manages community event participation, including but not limited to, health fairs to expand service delivery and program exposure.
- To participate on key volunteer committees as appropriate.
- To participate actively as an agency representative in collaborative partner networks and in related community activities.
- To identify learning needs for program and service staff, and assist in providing needed training.
- Masters degree preferred but experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in related fields will be considered
- Previous grant management/program management
- 5+ years non-profit management experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Highly organized
- Must be able to work some weekend and evenings
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel as required
- : Prevent Blindness Texas
- : 06/08/2018
- : Monica Guerrero
- : firstname.lastname@example.org