Camp Fire First Texas is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization, founded in 1914. For over 100 years, the organization has provided services for youth and their families in Tarrant and the five surrounding counties. From the early days of Blue Birds and Camp Fire Girls, Camp Fire First Texas has grown into one of the largest Camp Fire councils in the United States with programs for boys and girls in three areas: after school and teen programs; camping and outdoor education; and early education workforce development. More than 22,000 children, youth, families and childcare providers participate in Camp Fire’s programming each year.
Our Promise: Young people want to shape the world. Camp Fire provides the opportunity to find their spark, lift their voice, and discover who they are. In Camp Fire, it begins now. Light the fire within!
Camp Fire First Texas is seeking an energetic and accomplished senior professional to serve as its President/Chief Executive Officer. The President/CEO will implement and communicate the council’s strategy and vision and manage a budget of $5.6 million, leading approximately 100 employees year-round and an additional 50 employees during the summer.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Board of Directors, the President/CEO will oversee organizational processes, finances and infrastructure that will allow Camp Fire to continue to grow and fulfill its mission.
The President/CEO will:
- Embrace Distributed Leadership that empowers employees, encourages good performance and rewards productivity.
- Promote an organizational culture that fosters commitment to the mission, a common vision, professionalism, innovation, teamwork and open communications.
- Provide oversight of the internal services necessary to sustain, grow and safely offer programs and initiatives and ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and requirements of funding sources.
- Ensure financial sustainability by protecting council assets and ensuring the financial viability, integrity and performance of Camp Fire First Texas through the achievement of financial goals included in the annual budget and monitoring of internal controls.
- Identify opportunities that support a fund development strategy to strengthen and diversify
- Provide support for the Board of Directors, assist with strategic planning, implement strategic and operational plans and work closely with the Board Development Committee.
- Ensure programmatic excellence for both ongoing programs and those in development.
- Ensure the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of senior leadership experience leading a multi-million-dollar organization with at least 30 employees. In addition, accomplished fundraising ability is imperative. A Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s Degree preferred.
For more information, please visit www.campfirefw.org. Please send resume to Charlotte Keany via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Camp Fire First Texas is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to hiring for our mission and diversifying our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status and any other basis protected by law.”
- : Camp Fire First Texas
- : 03/31/2020
- : Charlotte Keany
- : email@example.com
- : https://www.campfirefw.org/