NATURE & SCOPE:
Vogel Alcove, an over 30 year old non-profit in Dallas, whose mission is dedicated to the care and early childhood education of young children from homeless and domestic abuse shelters has an opening for a Preschool Lead Teacher in their NAEYC Accredited child care facility. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual to work with children 6 weeks to five years in the classroom setting who is eager to learn about and provide therapeutic care to the youngest victims of homelessness.
• To provide a warm nurturing emotional environment by balancing a child’s need for security and acceptance with a child’s need to experience safe opportunities to explore through “hands-on” experience.
• To interact and communicate with children in an age appropriate and developmentally appropriate manner.
• To individualize interactions to a child’s special talents, interest, individual style, disabilities, pace of learning and cultural/family background.
• To coordinate meal and snack experiences to ensure quality nutritional and social development.
• To ensure updated accurate information is available on all children assigned under teacher’s care.
• To possess the ability to adapt teaching in response to children’s differences through providing individualized activities and care for each child in constant care.
• To use developmentally appropriate practices when assisting with activities based upon selected program curriculum and stated on lesson plans.
• To obtain appropriate supplies and equipment in conjunction with weekly activity plans.
• To maintain up-to-date attendance and other records and forms on the children. To notify supervisor when informed of changes.
• To follow all Standards as outlined by NAEYC and Head Start.
• To maintain relationships with families that is professional and do not present to be a conflict of interest.
•This position is a full-time flexible hours Monday-Friday position. The minimum requirements for the position is a Bachelor Degree preferred with 2 years’ experience working and caring for young children. Salary commensurate with experience. Must be able to be flexible and work between the hours of 7am – 6 pm.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history.
- : Vogel Alcove
- : 08/21/2020
- : HR
- : Vogel Alcove PO BOX 150948 | DALLAS, TX 75315
- : https://vogelalcove.org/careers/