Planned Parenthood South Texas is the region’s most trusted name in women’s health. Operating 7 health centers, our mission is to provide and protect the information people need to plan their families and their futures. We are seeking a dynamic, qualified individual to join our amazing Planned Parenthood family.
The Performance Improvement Coach (PI Coach) will work in close coordination with the Clinical Leadership Team to create and provide a broad range of employee education and training activities that seek to continuously improve the performance of health center staff. This work will include but is not limited to: 1) group instruction as well as one-on-one education, 2) mentoring, 3) role play and/or shadowing, 4) internet-based teaching tools, 5) secret shopping of the health centers, and 6) creating job tools to be used by staff. The PI Coach will also engage in a variety of performance assessment and evaluation activities that help determine where improvement is needed as well as the effectiveness of various education and training activities. Provides reports on all manner of job duties. The Performance Improvement Coach will work to motivate health center staff and provide positive reinforcement that helps to ultimately advance the client experience at Planned Parenthood health centers. Executes all work in ways that support a positive team spirit.
1. Works with Senior VP & COO and the Director of Quality to support and advance a standard for the delivery of health care that is characterized by excellence, privacy and respect for the client, her/his health and her/his dignity.
2. Works in collaboration with Clinical Leadership Team to develop and deliver education and training activities to meet the needs of the organization as determined by leadership.
3. Assesses and evaluates the performance of staff—before and after education and training—using qualitative and quantitative metrics. Uses that assessment/evaluation as the basis for recommendations to leadership regarding education and training needs to be addressed.
4. Acts as a mentor, guide and resource for newly hired health center staff to ensure that new members to the health care team will learn the Agency’s clinical policies and procedures, and that the performance of staff will be standardized according to those same policies and procedures.
5. Embraces and follows the guidelines of the “Qualities of a Successful Performance Improvement Coach” checklist.
6. Participates in Planned Parenthood Experience (PPX)* initiatives with a primary focus on the In This Together (ITT) Workplace Values and Service Standards by performing the following:
a) Promotes a culture within the health centers that embraces Planned Parenthood’s PPX / ITT initiatives.
b) Supports the health center managers in their efforts to create and maintain workplace environments that reflect the PPX / ITT initiatives.
c) Provides ITT-focused trainings to health center staff regularly as directed.
7. Ensures compliance with required trainings for health center staff, including but not limited to:
a) Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
b) Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
c) Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
d) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
8. Encourages health center staff to make use of all manner of patient educational materials so as to increase the effectiveness of patient education, informed consent, and a superior client experience.
9. Tracks the training provided to health center staff and submits required documentation in an accurate and timely manner to the Office Manager – Health Care Operations.
10. Emphasizes the importance of a superior client experience and patient satisfaction in all education and training activities.
11. Evaluates and measures client experience and patient satisfaction in all health centers by performing the following:
• Involves a range of partners from the Clinical Leadership Team to health center staff to develop and deploy evaluation.
• Utilizes the EHR system and a range of other data tools and sources in evaluation and measurement activities.
• Analyzes client feedback data, creates reports that identify trends and patterns, and then shares those results and reports with leadership.
12. Stays closely informed with the Agency’s marketing and program promotion activities so as to ensure that the health center staff is prepared to deliver on the promises made in external marketing. Similarly, works closely with marketing and leadership so that the timing of marketing efforts is aligned with staff readiness.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
14. Complies with the Agency’s House Rules, which are a required part of orientation, training and performance standards.
*The Planned Parenthood Experience (PPX) is a bold strategic commitment to create and continuously improve exceptional employee engagement and the patient experience.
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required (On a case-by-case basis, significant experience and success in the field of performance improvement may be considered as a substitute for a bachelor’s degree). A licensed Registered Nurse is preferred. Degrees in the areas of nursing, health education, social work, counseling, or related fields are preferred.
Experience: Successful experience in a patient care environment is required. Significant experience in providing education and training is required (experience doing so in health care is preferred, specifically in the areas of family planning, gynecology and sexual health care is strongly preferred). Public speaking experience is required. Experience in customer service training is preferred. Experience in women’s health is preferred. Experience in quality assurance and risk management preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
-Strong understanding of educational, learning & training principles and practices.
-Excellent presentation skills.
-Excellent program management skills.
-Ability to organize and plan multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
-Excellent attention to detail.
-Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
-Ability to make independent decisions that show sound, professional judgment.
-Ability to work as a team member and a team leader.
-Ability to establish and maintain effective, positive, professional relationships.
-Fully functional in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
-Ability to proficiently utilize the Agency’s electronic health records (EHR) system within the first three months of employment. And is six months, demonstrate the ability to teach others how to use the EHR.
-Effective communication and writing skills.
-Must be creative and flexible.
-Demonstrates a strong, personal commitment to the Agency’s leadership & vision.
-Demonstrates a strong, personal commitment to quality.
-Access to personal transportation with ability to travel within the service delivery area regularly and outside the service delivery area occasionally.
-Able to travel outside the city and state several times a year.
-Sensitive and competent regarding issues of multiculturalism.
-Comfortable with issues of sexual and reproductive health.
-Able and willing to work for an Agency that supports a woman’s right to make personal decisions regarding health care including her right to choose what option is best for her if faced with an unintended pregnancy.
-Demonstrates a strong, personal commitment to the agency’s position on customer service, internally and externally, for all clients, all services and all departments.
Planned Parenthood South Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit www.ppsouthtexas.org to learn more about the important work we are doing.
In This Together.
- : Planned Parenthood South Texas
- : 07/20/2018
- : Human Resources
- : email@example.com