The Executive Director is the key management leader of the non-profit. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading the non-profit in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the non-profit to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization. Would work directly with the Board Treasurer.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the non-profit’s mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of the non-profit’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the non-profit can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the non-profit’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective administration of the non-profit operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Professional Qualifications/Personal Characteristics:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Long time Houstonian or surrounding area resident
- Civic Leadership Program experience as participant or staff
- Well-connected to corporate and educational community
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of the non-profit’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Experience with fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as, versed in social media applications
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to disseminate information and collaborate with class participants
- Strong public speaking ability, promoter personality, energetic, enthusiastic, young at heart
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and operation of annual budget in concert with the Board of Directors.
- Establishing administrative policies and procedures for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as the non-profit’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the non-profit’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the State.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Competitive salary offered and will be commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Salary based on part-time* level at onset, growing to a full-time position at some point in the future.
**Anticipated hours not to exceed 20 hours per week but may be based on no more than 100 hours per month.
- : West Houston Leadership Institute
- : 08/31/2018
- : Rusty Graham
- : email@example.com
- : 7138198463