PURPOSE STATEMENT: The overall purpose of this position is to promote a culture of continuous improvement within the education and youth development community, in alignment with the P16Plus mission of ensuring that all young people are ready for the future.
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Data and Continuous Improvement will play multiple key roles across Bexar County. The Director will 1) advance strategies that support data-informed decisions across P16’s 100+ partner institutions, including data coaching and embedded leadership development; 2) Routinely identify ‘bright spots’ in the cradle-to-career landscape and study the underlying best practices; 3) Oversee the production and dissemination of data communications tools to partners, including P16’s annual community report card, in partnership with the P16Plus Data Manager; 4) Design and support ‘communities of practice’, working with and through existing action networks; 5) Ensure that P16Plus serves as a reliable and trustworthy bridge for helping to scale best practices over time, both through scaling and peer-to-peer learning; 6) Maintain and grow data sharing agreements with all relevant partner institutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve on the P16Plus Leadership Team and help to grow a culture of high performing interdependence. Support grant writing and fundraising as needed.
- Creatively solve challenges, both alone and with colleagues, in ways that inspire other leaders.
- Directly support the Data Manager and ensure necessary resources are available for completing projects.
- Ensure the highest possible quality for all data agreements, reports, and communications; ensure partner engagement in major data projects; build relationships with other community data experts.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with community stakeholders, including leaders in education, business, faith, nonprofit, philanthropic and civic sectors.
- Deepen organizational expertise in process improvement methods and reliable tools to support partners.
- Serve as a spokesperson and champion for P16Plus and continuous improvement practices.
- Coach, facilitate, and provide technical assistance to networks of community partners to achieve objectives.
- Maintain communication and work collaboratively with data analysts and volunteers.
- Lead, attend and/or present at P16Plus committee meetings as necessary and provide information on progress of community networks through presentations and written reports.
EDUCATION, JOB KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree required with 10+ years of relevant work experience in continuous improvement and/or program data analysis across multiple site locations. Demonstrated success in facilitating multidisciplinary or multi-organizational teams required. Work experience across the cradle-to-career spectrum strongly preferred. Excellent project management and organizational skills; ability to manage details and work independently; excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills required. Experience with or ability to address and overcome complex issues to achieve desired results. Adaptive leadership skills and a clear working history of positive resilience. Ideal candidate has working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and willingness to learn new software programs used to extract and/or analyze data such as Tableau.
- : P16Plus Council of Greater Bexar County
- : 07/21/2018
- : Ryan Lugalia-Hollon
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 2104178854