KLRU, Austin’s PBS station, seeks a full-time Membership Director to plan and execute an integrated fundraising program, overseeing comprehensive campaign management for digital, on-air and direct mail to grow the number of members and investment of members to KLRU with gifts under $1,200.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates and executes an annual plan for raising membership revenue, including budgeting and operational planning.
- Supervises the management of the renewal and acquisition of members and ensures that messaging is consistently integrated through all medium: on-air, direct mail and online and is consistent with communications/marketing messaging to the community.
- Identifies and implements new methods of acquiring members.
- Facilitates growth in membership revenue through the implementation of industry best practices and innovative new marketing strategies.
- Creates messaging, programming, and acts as executive producer for on-air fund drives.
- Supervises the management of all e-appeals and online membership drives, as part of larger comprehensive engagement and communication plan for fundraising.
- Tracks campaign performance and membership metrics.
- Internally collaborates with marketing & communications, data management, programming and other external facing teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the VP of Development.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a nonprofit, marketing or public media setting.
- Four to five years of nonprofit fundraising experience in annual fund campaigns using a variety of direct response techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and track direct marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated skills in creative fundraising and success in meeting measurable goals.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects successfully and independently prioritize a heavy workload, at times working under pressure and deadlines.
- Supervisory experience helpful.
- Exceptional oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have good judgment and the ability to handle confidential matters.
- Proficiency working with computer systems – MS Office Suite and CRMs.
***KLRU is an Equal Opportunity Employer***
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO:
Human Resources, Attn: Melanie Blackman (email@example.com)
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 7158, Austin, TX 78713-7158 Fax: (512) 233-5818