Job Position: Children’s Educator – Seasonal (Part-Time)
Department: Education – Reports to Director of Education
Status: Seasonal Part-time; Nonexempt
Compensation: $10.00 per hour
Schedule: VARIABLE. Monday through Friday; 9:30 am – 1:30 pm. 8-20 hours per week.
Texas Discovery Gardens is an organic garden and tropical butterfly house in Dallas Texas, focused on providing natural learning experiences to children and adults. A seasonal part-time educator is needed to lead nature- and sustainability-themed programs for school groups as needed during the spring semester of the school year. Educator is eligible to continue as part-time Camp Instructor through the summer to assist with our summer camp programs.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- EarthKeepers program delivery to groups at Texas Discovery Gardens and at schools.
- Set up and tear down classroom before and after programs.
- Provide post-visit materials for teachers.
- Learn curriculum, and be able to quickly deliver programming upon completion of training.
- Create an inclusive classroom space where all students discover and learn to sustain the natural world.
- Effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns of visitors, volunteers, teachers and coworkers.
- Able to complete tasks successfully with minimal supervision.
- Consummate team player that collaborates to deliver high quality programming.
- Advanced experience working with the public with a desire to put customer service first.
- Able to type, use the Internet, communicate via e-mail and use basic computer programs, such as Microsoft Office
- Able to respond to emergency situations calmly and follow established safety protocols
- Able to frequently to lift, carry, and move objects for classes.
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time (usually 3-4 hours), often outdoors.
- Able to accurately convey information in Spanish.
- Experience with children in a teaching environment or interpretation at a cultural organization.
- Knowledge/interest in elementary science topics.
Qualified applicants should turn in their resumes to EShields@txdg.org no later than February 19th.
- : Texas Discovery Gardens
- : 02/19/2020
- : Erin Shields
- : email@example.com
- : 2144287476
- : https://txdg.org