|Click on the link to apply or copy and paste in a new web browser
|The primary responsibility of the Grants & Contracts Manager is to execute the annual Grants Plan through the research, preparation, submission and tracking of grant proposals and reports. The Grants & Contracts Manager works to develop and maintain revenue through local, regional, and national foundations, corporations, and government entities. This individual will collaborate extensively with staff at all levels of the agency to obtain the information needed and develop a strong knowledge of programs to produce competitive proposals. This individual will assist the Development Department in building relationships and seeking contributions from corporations, government entities and foundations, playing a role in ongoing cultivation of relationships with funding representatives and foundation officers. In addition, this role is responsible for maintaining updated narrative based on the changing needs of the organization and keeping detailed records of all proposals in an easily accessible manner.|
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
|Manage, organize and write foundation, corporate, and government contracts & proposals:
· Maintain extensive knowledge of the Club’s mission, programs, target population and strategic vision. Use this information to better prepare proposals and other written communications.
· Research corporate and non-corporate foundations
· Create and write proposals, grants, and packages for prospective donors/funders, with guidance and assistance from Operations and Development staff
· Develop strategy with Resource Development Team to cultivate new corporate and charitable foundation prospects
· Coordinate with Director of Outcomes & Compliance and other program leadership to identify and prioritize project needs and ensure that outcome requirements are achievable and clearly communicated
· Manage timelines for submission of proposals, grants, and grant reporting
· Create boilerplate narrative for grants and proposals that can be used by Development staff to increase productivity and align all program and organizational descriptions for consistency.
· Regularly monitor and utilize resources to research leads and information on new government grant opportunities
· Work with Finance Department to create budgets for upcoming proposals.
· Maintain current records in shared server, paper files (when applicable), and calendar, including grant applications and reporting.
· Assist in the creation of the annual budget for foundation, corporate, and government revenue and regularly forecast against budgeted revenue quarterly to ensure BGCSA is on track to meet revenue goals.
· Stay updated on industry trends and best practices to ensure BGCSA is in alignment with the highest level of standards.
· Meet regularly with the development team to keep everyone updated on current proposals being submitted and request additional support from the team if the workload requires it.
· Maintain updated proposal attachments in shared server
Assist with the cultivation and solicitation of major prospects
· Research backgrounds and interests of existing foundation supporters and new prospects
· Participate in the regular strategy sessions with Development Team to customize proposals and cultivation activities for prospects
· Document and send out thank-you notes for all solicitations from foundations (rejected or granted), in coordination with Development Team
· Work with CEO and CDO to plan and effectively execute site visits as part of the solicitation process
Create reports, summaries, and analyses as required by granting agencies (monthly, quarterly, annually) in coordination with Director of Outcomes & Compliance
· Coordinate with Director of Outcomes & Compliance and Program staff to ensure follow-through of grant-related deliverables and to collect timely and appropriate data, evaluations, and program outcomes to communicate to donors
· Coordinate with Development Team on funding award acknowledgments, including required social media and website acknowledgment of funders.
· Maintain detailed approved key metrics regarding identification, submission and outcome of proposals sent out by Development Team
· Work with Operations and Director of Outcomes & Compliance to gather outcomes and data specific to requests for reporting purposes
· Work closely with the finance department to gather information necessary to report to funders on current grant programs
· Cultivate and steward current and perspective funding partners through Smart Sheet, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees).
· Work with finance and development teams to build and maintain annual budget for foundation and government revenue.
· Assist the development team with major fundraising and volunteer events as needed
· Coordinate with the Club Support team to assist in organizational initiatives as needed
Internal: Maintain daily contact with Club professional staff to inform the proposal and report development processes. Seek input from all program staff.
External: Maintain contact with individual funders to support the grant writing and grant reporting processes.
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:|
|· Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
· At least three (3) years of progressive experience in fund development, grant writing and fundraising is required.
· Skilled in persuasive and creative writing
· Excellent organization skills in order to follow precise requirements for submitting all funding proposals
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Able to take action to achieve goals beyond what is required
· Be innovative in problem solving
· Provide excellent customer service to all staff, donors and community members
· Have a commitment to the mission, vision, and guiding principles of the organization.
· Be ethical and detail oriented in all donor relations
· Be an effective team member
· Efficient in Microsoft Office and Client Relationship Management Database Software
· Attend scheduled staff meetings
· Represent the organization in a positive manner to the community
· Demonstrate support for the approved strategies and vision established by leadership of the organization
· Ability to be flexible within the administrative team and the organization overall to perform alternate roles as needed
|• Commitment to Excellence: Identifies what needs to be accomplished and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
• Values: Understands, embraces, and integrates values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
• Customer Service: Identifies and responds to current and future needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
• Safety and Security: Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
• Teamwork: Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization
|PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:|
|Must be able to safely lift 50lbs. Must be able to work in an office atmosphere as well as classroom and gymnasium, all areas of the after school sites and indoor or outdoor athletic fields and outdoor environment.|
|It is the Boys & Girls Clubs philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities
Click on the link to apply or copy and paste in a new web browser
- Boys and Girls Clubs of San Antonio
- Carol Fuentes