ChildSafe is searching for a grant-writer.
Mission: Established in 1992, ChildSafe is a nonprofit organization that was created to combat child sexual abuse in our community; and, now serves all child victims of abuse and neglect. Serving as Bexar County’s only Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC), we provide a continuum of care – including crisis management, case management, counseling and victim services – to child abuse survivors and their non-offending family members.
The goals of the agency and its multidisciplinary partners include the following: a recorded forensic interview; ensure the coordination of appropriate and thorough investigation and prosecution of sexual and physical abuse and neglect cases with public and private agencies; provide crisis intervention and on-going counseling; provide public education and professional training; and advocate for the child and family during the investigative process.
Functions: The grant-writer, who reports directly to the Chief Development Officer, will assume primary responsibility for the preparation of proposals and grant applications. The experienced grant writer will:
- maintain familiarity with ChildSafe’s mission, operations, priorities and special projects
- generate proposals and supporting documents including correspondence, budgets and updated ChildSafe statistics
- assist in the development of strategies for securing individual, corporate, religious, government and foundation giving
- research and identify grant opportunities
- maintain and implement funding calendar while identifying the best timing for individual grants
- develop grant proposals and respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) from funders
- collaborate with the ChildSafe team to create appropriate language for funding opportunities, including special projects of the agency and ongoing service delivery
- facilitate grant implementation reports to government, corporate, foundation and other funders
- excellent writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes
- work effectively under pressure
- independent judgment and the ability to produce a quality work product within tight time constraints
- capable of extrapolating appropriate financial information from audits and the organization’s current annual budget in support of grant requirements
- comprehensive knowledge of grant/foundation research
- ability to distinguish and identify funding opportunities for special programs
- previous experience with a proven track record in securing new funding opportunities
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- General office environment special events venues
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Needs to move about the office/venues to access cabinets, files, office machinery including computers, copiers, and printers
- Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (EG: copiers and printers)
- Will seldom ascend/descend a ladder to retrieve files and supplies
- Occasionally lifts supplies and support materials weighing up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to communicate well with staff, volunteers, donors and community leaders
ChildSafe is open Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This exempt position demands a minimum of forty (40) hours weekly. There will be some evening and weekend commitments in support of the development team. Two (2) weeks paid vacation each year, in addition to all ChildSafe holidays. Additional benefits defined upon receipt of offer.
ChildSafe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personnel is chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
The salary for the grant-writer position is commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
Please send resume, cover letter and grant writing samples to Maliha Imami, Director of Development, at MalihaI@ChildSafe-sa.org.
- : ChildSafe
- : 09/08/2018
- : Maliha Imami
- : (210) 801-7700
- : Malihai@childsafe-sa.org
- : 7130 West US Hwy 90 San Antonio, Tx 78227