The Fundraising and Development Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the organization’s strategic plan to raise vital funds that ensure key objectives of the organization are funded in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner. This will be accomplished by designing and implementing a comprehensive and effective income and resource development plan. This will be done with a focus on long-term donor development, relationship building, event development, planned giving, and maximizing philanthropic support from individuals, groups, foundations, businesses, and corporations. This is a leadership position and will be involved in key decisions, strategies and planning. This position is also responsible for managing the Development Coordinator position. This position will be directly supported by the ADL marketing team to ensure comprehensive marketing plans and strategies are developed and implemented to support key fundraising objectives. This position reports to and will provide regular updates to the Executive Director and BOD pertaining to donor activity program growth.
While the position is primarily Monday through Friday, the Fundraising and Development Director must be able to work evening and weekends as required or necessary. This position will report directly to the Executive Director and will work closely with the Director of Finance & Business Operations, the Business Office Manager, ADL directors and managers and members of the ADL board of directors.
Essential job functions
- Responsible for growing, developing and diversifying an annual strategic fundraising plan that will raise $800,000-$1,000,000 in foundation grants, $250,000-$275,000 in fundraising activities, and $850,000.00-$1,000,000 in general donations annually.
- Assists in the development of goals and strategies for all fundraising initiatives including the annual fundraising gala and other special events.
- Oversees management of a “Legacy” program to support planned giving opportunities.
- Arranges and attends meetings with donors and prospective donors to create and foster relationships.
- Acts as a fundraising generalist with focus on increasing funding through grant writing, events, and giving via social media campaigns.
- Writes and tracks foundation grants as required—with support from the Executive Director, Development Coordinator, and other staff members as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate ongoing and timely donor recognition is provided to donors.
- Oversees, grows, and manages the ADL Alumni Association, Merchandise Fundraising, Annual 5K, other small events, small foundation grants, and other tasks as deemed necessary.
- The Fundraising and Development Director oversees donor database management and reporting.
- Collaborates with marketing team to create and set the annual strategic fundraising and PR plan and related collateral.
- Collaborates with the marketing team to develop innovative marketing campaigns to support core fundraising initiatives.
- Acts as copy-editor for any/all communication pieces sent regarding grants, direct mail and response/acknowledgement letters.
- Maintains a consistent presence in the philanthropic community and leverages networking opportunities which cultivate new while maintaining existing donor relations.
- Must be familiar with San Antonio, community networks, and the culture of our city/area
- Must have a minimum of five years proven fund-raising experience
- Must have a proven track record pertaining to grant writing
- Experience with planning and oversight of large-scale events
- Experience with the execution of a capital campaign
- Ability to work around companion animals and thrive in a non-traditional working environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, and familiar with donor database software
- Must be an organized and motivated self-starter and team-player with proven fund-raising solicitation skills including the ability to hold strategic conversations with community stakeholders
- Comfortable with and experienced in capital campaign management
- Post-secondary degree or relevant certification preferred
Physical demands and working conditions:
Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds. Position is subject to climbing, lifting, kneeling, sitting, standing, stooping, bending, and walking distances to perform essential job functions and demands. Working conditions may require working outside as well as inside with exposure to temperature variations, chemical cleaners. Must have a genuine appreciation and commitment to companion animals, and their welfare and wellbeing.
The Animal Defense League is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization. Our staff of full and part-time workers numbers more than 70. We are accepting applications for the positions listed below. Please complete the Employment Application and deliver it by hand, fax, or email during regular business hours. You may also complete an online application by selecting the “Click Here for Application” link below.
Animal Defense League of Texas – Main Campus
11300 Nacogdoches Rd.
San Antonio, Texas 78217
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying for in the subject.
- : Animal Defense League of Texas
- : 08/21/2020
- : HR
- : email@example.com
- : 11300 Nacogdoches Rd. San Antonio, Texas 78217
- : https://adltexas.org/about-us/employment-opportunities/