Foundations Relationship Manager
Mission of the Hemisfair Conservancy: To serve as a powerful conduit of philanthropy to elevate San Antonio by ensuring exceptional quality and longevity of the Hemisfair public spaces and their amenities for generations.
Vision: Hemisfair is becoming one of the world’s great public places.
Summary: The Hemisfair Conservancy seeks to fill the position of Foundations Relationship Manager (FRM) that will strengthen ties between the community and Hemisfair with an overall goal of increasing annual gifts and building the major gifts pipeline.
The FRM reports to and works with the Development Director (DD) to identify and secure new private/family foundation, corporate and government grant support, as well as maintain existing corporate and foundation support for Hemisfair’s redevelopment, programs, operations and sustainability. The FRM researches, cultivates, solicits and stewards prospects/donors, representing the Hemisfair Conservancy in a variety of settings both independently and with other staff. The objective of all development activities is to connect the ongoing needs of Hemisfair to the philanthropic interests of potential supporters in a way that compels them to respond with gifts of resources.
The FRM must be a highly energetic professional with an established track record of building relationships and securing philanthropic support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Executive Director (ED) and DD to create the annual fundraising strategy and facilitate its execution;
- Oversee all aspects of grant and proposal submissions including the identification, research, preparation, submission, tracking and reporting;
- Maintain accurate records of strategy implementation to ensure effective follow-through, evaluation, forecasting and future planning in the areas of corporate, foundation and government funding;
- Attend special events on behalf of the agency whether sponsored by Hemisfair, donors or collaborating partners;
- Present, with commitment and passion, the Conservancy’s mission to support Hemisfair’s aspirational vision;
- Work with the team to perform meaningful stewardship activities including personal calls and hand-written notes;
- Serve as the primary staff member responsible for grant-writing and reporting:
- Discuss program requirements and sources of funds available with program and other personnel to develop goals, objectives, outputs/outcomes and project budgets, outline how funds are to be used and explain procedures necessary to obtain funding;
- Build and cultivate relationships with funder representatives to develop requests that are mutually beneficial;
- Prepare a unique donor plan for the top 10 foundation donors to include 1-3 annual personal engagements;
- Write grant proposals according to required formats and submit applications to funding agencies and foundations before their deadlines;
- Work with staff members to write reports in compliance with grant requirements or annually when no report is mandated;
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of grant-funded programs as directed;
- Prepare and maintain the Grant Submission Calendar and the Grant Reporting Calendar to ensure all submission and reporting deadlines are met;
- Maintain grant files to include all supporting documentation for each proposal and award;
- Prepare grant award summaries for internal tracking and reporting purposes;
- Work with the DD and Development & Communications Manager to maintain foundation data accuracy within Raiser’s Edge and prepare reports as needed;
- Support the ED in major gift and any capital campaign activities.
- Develop goals, priorities and timelines on a regular basis, ensuring prompt and efficient management and completion of all related tasks;
- Communicate and coordinate priorities, progress, workload and challenges to the DD;
- Attend staff meetings, Hemisfair special events/programs and participate in organization-wide planning activities;
- Stay abreast of best practices in fundraising, especially trends in the corporate, foundation and government sectors by reading industry publications and attending conferences, workshops, seminars, webinars, etc.;
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the DD or ED;
- Maintain the highest ethical standards.
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university;
- 3+ years of grant-writing experience (no exceptions);
- Demonstrated success in securing foundation, corporate and/or government support;
- Ability to navigate and make entries in a donor database system to effectively track donor information (some Raiser’s Edge experience preferred);
- Strong interpersonal, communication, resource management, computer literacy and advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills;
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to write articulate and persuasive grant proposals;
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to exceed deadlines and work productively with minimal supervision;
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality;
- Energy, enthusiasm and confidence in building relationships on behalf of Hemisfair;
- Knowledge of San Antonio’s philanthropic community is preferred, especially private/family foundations and corporations.
Essential Physical Abilities (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing which permit the employee to communicate effectively with others in person, electronically and by phone;
- Sufficient vision which permits the employee to prepare, review and file a variety of written documents in both electronic and hard copy forms;
- Sufficient manual dexterity which permits the employee to operate a personal computer and transport files as requested;
- Sufficient personal mobility which permits the employee to access and transport files as requested.
Work Environment: The work environment is primarily indoors. Workload may exceed 40 hours per week, sometimes including evenings and weekends. Team members are enthusiastic colleagues who work in close quarters and an open environment in an historic building in downtown San Antonio. Parking is provided. Some local travel may be required. A criminal history background check will be required for finalists under consideration for this position.
Benefits/Compensation: A competitive compensation package with a base salary of $50,000-60,000 will be offered for this position, commensurate with education, skills and experience. The FRM position offers an attractive benefits package.
Contact: Position will remain open until filled. Initial deadline is 20 Sep 19. Serious consideration will be given to applicants who meet all qualifications. Please e-mail your résumé, cover letter, list of three professional references (including current/former supervisor and co-worker) and salary history to: email@example.com. Please do not supply additional information unless requested. The Hemisfair Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- : Hemisfair Conservancy
- : 10/11/2019
- : Anne Krause
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 2102622502
- : https://hemisfairconservancy.org