Dripping Springs Education Foundation – Executive Director
The Dripping Springs Education Foundation (DSEF) is seeking an Executive Director to drive fundraising efforts that directly impact the lives of Dripping Springs ISD (DSISD) students and staff. If you have a passion for building community relationships and fundraising to drive academic improvement and excellence, this is the job for you. All money that is raised is distributed through Innovative Teaching Grants (ITG) and Student Leadership Grants (SLG) and stays right here in Dripping Springs, gateway to the Texas Hill Country.
Our community is growing rapidly and we are proud of the services and results that DSISD promises and delivers upon. DSEF aligns with District goals and works closely with the community to ensure teachers are given opportunities to be creative in the learning process while also giving students opportunities to build and demonstrate leadership skills.
Primary Purpose and Job Summary:
The Dripping Springs Education Foundation (DSEF) Executive Director is responsible for fundraising, community relations, grant writing and measuring effectiveness of our programs. This position reports to the DSEF Executive Committee and Board.
Bachelor’s degree required
Master’s degree or equivalent preferred
The ideal candidate will be:
- a creative visionary who is passionately focused on effecting change and has the ability to merge data and fact with intuition, imagination, and innovation in an effort to realize the possibilities rather than be content with the probabilities;
- a dedicated professional who creates a supportive environment by modeling and expecting accountability and responsibility; who exemplifies ethics; who accepts and values the differences of others, and who has a sense of human wisdom, courage, and compassion;
- an effective communicator with exceptional public relations and interpersonal skills, who is open minded and perceptive to the needs and expectations of the students, campus and district staff, parents, and members of the community, and who, through the art of collaboration and creative problem solving, cultivates cohesiveness;
- an inspiring catalyst who motivates and empowers others to become leaders and risk takers, and who acknowledges the expertise, celebrates the successes, and honors the lives of others; and
- a life-long learner who perpetuates self-motivated learning, and resourcefully and effectively seeks dynamic change with continuous monitoring, evaluating, and adjusting.
The candidate should have knowledge of or experience with:
- overall operations of nonprofit entities;
- 501(c)3 rules and procedures;
- grant writing; and
- fundraising rules, prohibitions, and restrictions specific to 501(c)3 entities and public schools
- The candidate must have the ability to:
- implement policy and procedures
- interpret data
- manage budgets
- exhibit excellent public relations, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- speak effectively before varied audiences, such as students, parents, staff, and the community
Minimum of three years’ successful experience running nonprofit entities preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Education Foundation Responsibilities / Duties
- Develop and implement fundraising programs and events that support the DSEF mission;
- Diligently seek grant funding available to DSEF and/or the District;
- Foster active community support and develop revenue, goodwill, and gifts exclusively for the benefit of the District;
- Attend all meetings of the DSEF Board and Executive Committee (unless excused from attendance by mutual agreement or at the request of the Board).
- Prepare and present an annual DSEF report to the District;
- Work collaboratively with DSEF Board to set fundraising goals and establish an annual budget of expense;
- Identify and engage community business owners and leaders to support DSEF;
- In partnership with DSEF and aligned with District goals, establish and achieve strategic goals;
- Exercise fiduciary responsibility over DSEF’s operations and expenditure of funds;
- Manage DSEF personnel and volunteers providing services in coordination with the District and in a manner consistent with the policies and procedures of the District;
- Establish and execute a comprehensive communication strategy including participation in community outreach, social media, parent communication and other marketing initiatives;
- Produce and publish mass communications with e-mail blasts, press releases, and other materials consistent with marketing campaign and strategy;
- Document the presence of DSEF at events, conferences, and speaking engagements;
- Effectively manage an accounting system to ensure financial activities are carried out and reported in accordance with generally accepted business and accounting practices;
- Effectively manage and maintain DSEF’s books, records, documents, procedures and practices, and insurance as required by law and in an organized condition;
- Oversee the DSEF website and donor management database; and
- Foster relationships with other support groups such as booster clubs and PTA / PTSA’s.
- : Dripping Springs Education Foundation
- : 10/17/2018
- : Max Hunsicker
- : email@example.com
- : 5128583063