Ellis County Children’s Advocacy Center
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Ellis County Children’s Advocacy Center, located in Waxahachie, Texas, is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking individual to lead our community based nonprofit organization. The ideal candidate should be a strong leader who can represent the Ellis County Children’s Advocacy Center in a professional manner with clear communication of the organization’s mission.
ELLIS COUNTY CHILDREN’S ADVOCACY CENTER MISSION: To provide a child-friendly environment for the child victims and their non-offending family members and coordinates the intervention process reducing further trauma to the child. The Center’s goal is to optimize the investigative and prosecution process; provide quality legal, psychological, social and medical services to abused children and to heighten community awareness.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The executive director is a professional position charged with implementing the mission of the Ellis County Children’s Advocacy Center. The executive director acts as chief administrator and is responsible for overall operations of the organization and its programs. The executive director is responsible for financial management, personnel supervision, program development, public relations, and fundraising. The executive director works in close collaboration with the board of directors and partner agencies. Background investigations will be conducted on all candidate finalists.
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
Targeted salary range: $65,000 – $75,000, based upon experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience in a management position, including supervision of staff, budget development and financial management.
- Leadership, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in public-speaking.
- Experience working collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds in community based organizations.
- Experience with public relations or community relations.
- Two years or more experience in a management position, including supervision of staff, budget development and financial management.
- Understanding of child abuse issues and family protective services.
- Experience in nonprofit administration and working with volunteer boards.
- Experience working with a children’s advocacy center program.
- Experience with government contracts and grants for nonprofits.
- Experience with fundraising from public and private sources.
- Graduate degree.
- Willingness to relocate to, or live in, the service area of Ellis County.
TO APPLY: Qualified applicants should email their letter of interest and resume to the Board President at: email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Position is open until filled.
- : Ellis County Children's Advocacy Center, The Gingerbread House
- : 07/31/2018
- : Diane Crosson
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 9729371773