EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, Vannie E. Cook Jr. Cancer Foundation, Inc.:
The Vannie E. Cook Jr. Cancer Foundation, Inc. located in McAllen, Texas is seeking an experienced, dynamic, forward-thinking individual to lead our organization. The ideal candidate should be a strong, proven leader who can represent the Vannie E. Cook Jr. Cancer Foundation in the community and further its long-standing mission.
OUR MISSION: The mission of the Vannie E. Cook Jr. Cancer Foundation, Inc. is to serve the needs of South Texas children by supporting cancer-related patient care services, programs, research and education.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Vannie E. Cook Jr. Cancer Foundation, Inc. and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, community outreach and facilities management.
- Board Governance:
- Responsible for leading the Vannie E. Cook Jr. Cancer Foundation, and working with the Board, in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing timely and accurate information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Financial Performance and Viability:
- Responsible for developing resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the Vannie E. Cook Jr. Cancer Foundation and maintaining it in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for the financial integrity of the organization, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Organization Mission and Strategy:
Responsible for the implementation of the Vannie E. Cook Jr. Cancer Foundation’s programs and strategic plan that carry out its mission now and in the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the organization’s image and standing in the community by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Organization Operations:
- Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the Vannie E. Cook Jr. Cancer Foundation are appropriate.
- Responsible for hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for effective administration of the day-to-day operations of the organization.
OTHER SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Plan and organize quarterly Board of Directors meetings and committee meetings as needed.
- Supervise and collaborate with staff.
- Strategic plan implementation.
- Follow the operations plan, revise as needed.
- Planning and operating of annual budget.
- Review and approve weekly payables, sign checks.
- Ensure that administrative policies and procedures for all functions are being followed, including:
- Accounting policies and procedures
- Procurement and purchasing policy
- Confidentiality agreements and conflict of interest policy
- Building compliance and housekeeping guidelines
- Track and record employee paid time-off for payroll processing.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary for support:
- Grant proposals
- Planned giving solicitations
- Memorial & Honorary donations
- Major gifts from individuals or businesses
- Maintain organized files and records.
- Website and Raisers Edge gift records management.
- Oversee all insurance coverage needs.
- Review and approve all contracts for services.
- Responsible for donor relations and stewardship, sign all thank you notes and gift receipts promptly.
- Maintain professional relationships with the doctors and staff in the Vannie Cook Clinic and our program and lease partners at Texas Children’s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine.
- Responsible for all contracts and agreements with Texas Children’s Hospital, suppliers and vendors.
- Oversee the Charitable Bingo operations.
- Prepare for the annual audit of the Foundation’s Financial Statements.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years senior non-profit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning; ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, donor and volunteers.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organizations mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience, including planned giving.
- Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS: The Vannie E. Cook Jr. Cancer Foundation, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation and sick leave. Compensation will be based on skills and experience.
TO APPLY: Qualified applicants should email their resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
CONTACT INFO: Laura Martinez Ilgun
The Vannie E. Cook Jr. Cancer Foundation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
- : The Vannie E. Cook Jr. Cancer Foundation, Inc.
- : 06/01/2020
- : Laura Martinez Ilgun
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 956-687-5146
- : https://www.vanniecook.org
Laura Martinez Ilgun