The mission of Visitation House is to respond to the needs and concerns of poor and vulnerable women and children. It is realized via programs that assist homeless single mothers with young children break out of a cycle of limited education, family poverty and homelessness.
Reporting to the Board, the Executive Director is the key management leader of the Visitation House, and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. In addition, the role leads fundraising, marketing, and community outreach efforts in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission.
The leader has a passion for the needs of women and the mission of the Visitation House. He/she also possesses a vision for the ministry’s needs, as well as the ability to develop and implement strategies to ensure needs are met.
- Operational ministry management, ensuring maximum resource utilization and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Financial integrity of the ministry, to include submission of budget and financial statements that accurately reflect the financial condition of the ministry.
- Management of all fundraising efforts, including expansion of the ministry’s current reach, by establishing new relationships in new business communities.
- Strategic planning and implementation of programs that carry out the organization’s mission now and into the future.
- Enhancement of the ministry’s image by being active and visible in the community and working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Solid operational understanding with advanced financial acumen.
- Proven fundraising and marketing skillset. Local resident with existing San Antonio fundraising network preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lead and inspire.
- Ministry-focused, familiarity with the congregation preferred.
- Solid organizational leadership experience operating within budgetary guidelines.
- Experience managing non-profit ministries, with proven success in marketing and fundraising efforts.
- Previous experience with marginalized communities and working within church structures.
- Proven track record of effective leadership in meeting ministry goals.
- : Visitation House
- : 06/30/2020
- : Jennifer Morgan
- : email@example.com
- : 4692822417