Virginia’s House, A Family Resource Center inn Graham, Texas – Where Texas Comes Home
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Virginia’s House located in Graham, Texas is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking individual to lead our community based nonprofit organization. The ideal candidate should be a strong leader who can build collaborations in the community and represent Virginia’s House with clear communication of the organization’s mission.
VIRGINIA’S HOUSE MISSION: To meet the needs of abused, neglected and traumatized children through programs of prevention, advocacy and support.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The executive director is a professional position charged with implementing the mission of Virginia’s House, a nonprofit organization serving Young, Stephens and Throckmorton counties. The executive director acts as chief administrator and is responsible for overall operations of the organization and its programs, including the Children’s Advocacy Center, CASA, the Mentor Program and Crime Victim’s Assistance. The executive director is responsible for financial management, personnel supervision, program development, public relations and fundraising. The executive director works in close collaboration with the board of directors and partner agencies. Background investigations will be conducted on all candidate finalists.
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
SALARY RANGE: $45,000 to $75,000, annually
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a management position, including supervision of staff, budget development and financial management.
- Leadership experience with a supportive, service approach to managing staff and volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience in public-speaking.
- Experience with public relations or community relations.
- Experience working collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds in community-based organizations.
- Two years or more experience in a management position, including supervision of staff, budget development and financial management.
- Experience in nonprofit administration and working with volunteer boards.
- Understanding of child abuse issues, the criminal justice system, and family protective services.
- Experience working with a children’s advocacy center or CASA program.
- Experience with government contracts and/or grants for nonprofits.
- Experience with fundraising from public and private sources.
- Graduate degree.
- Willingness to relocate to, or live in, the Virginia’s House service area of Young and Stephens Counties.
A community of 9,000, Graham, Texas is about 119 miles from Dallas, combining the best of small town America with all the conveniences of a city. The birthplace of the Southwestern Cattleraisers Association, Graham boasts the largest downtown square in the United States and is surrounded by lakes and parks and hills.
TO APPLY: Qualified applicants should email their resume and letter of interest to the Transition Committee at: email@example.com by March 15, 2020.
- : Virginia's House
- : 06/15/2020
- : Transition Committee
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : http://www.virginiashousetx.org/