Down Syndrome Association of South Texas
Position: Executive Director
–salaried position, compensation based upon experience
About the Association:
Our Mission: Provide lifelong services and support to individuals with Down syndrome and their families to optimize well-being, develop rewarding relationships, and foster inclusion in the community.
The DSASTX provides opportunities for over 1,250 families to foster friendships and offer mutual support through parent information meetings, community-based social activities, special events, and educational programs. The ultimate goal is to promote awareness and inclusion in the community.
The Association was established in 1994 by a group of parents and received its 501(c)(3) status in 2003. The association has an annual operating expense budget of approximately $550,000, and a staff of five.
SUMMARY: The Executive Director is responsible for the planning, creation, supervision, and implementation of a comprehensive development program, overseeing programming, marketing, and the strategic direction of the Down Syndrome Association of South Texas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversees the development, coordination, and operation of a fundraising program to include the following components:
- Annual Fundraising
- Capital Campaigns
- Individual/Major Gifts
- Foundation/Corporate Gifts and Grants
- Estate Gifts
- Special Events
- Memorials and Honorariums
- Marketing and Communications
Manages the image of the Association by fulfilling the following duties:
- Plans, directs, supervises, or creates all publications with support from the Development Director.
- Provides advice and counsel to volunteers and committees regarding communications, operations and development.
- Serves as an official representative and spokesperson for the Association.
- Plans, directs and supervises the implementation of the Association’s internal and external public relations programs.
- Works with the media to cover Association events and activities.
- Maintains membership and represents the Association in appropriate professional groups, organizations, associations and community services clubs.
Manages the Association by performing the following duties:
- Creates and administers an annual budget.
- Supervises activities and performance of DSASTX program managers and handles personnel and staff relations issues.
- Oversees files, records and mailing lists of the Association that includes current records of the Association business, such as invoices, payments, endowments, grants, scholarships, etc.
- Prepares Association’s packet for monthly Board meetings.
- Oversees the maintenance of the data base.
- Publishes and updates policies and procedures for the Association, in cooperation with the Board of Directors.
- Coordinates with the board treasurer, the timely preparation of financial
- Supervises the clerical details associated with the operation of the Association.
Ensures a variety of programming is offered to meet the needs of the Down syndrome community in San Antonio and South Texas by performing the following duties:
- Advocates within the community for the inclusion of individuals with Down syndrome
- Remains up to date and educated on key social issues that impact the Down syndrome community
- Manages social and educational activities of the organization to help individuals with Down syndrome reach their full potential while supporting parents and other family members.
- Strategic Planning
Responsible for continued implementation of the Agency Strategic Plan, along with communication with the board for continual development of the plan.
- Other Duties
Serves as administrative representative in the development of sub-groups under the Association’s organizational structure and directs all related programs. Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Association’s Board of Directors.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises employees to accomplish Association duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelors Degree in Business Admin, Public Admin, or related field required; Masters Degree desirable; must have non-profit fundraising and grant writing experience; knowledge of the San Antonio philanthropic community is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is almost continuously required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and continuously will repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times as in typing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Association’s offices are located at 1127 Patricia Drive. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Offices are a collaborative workspace. The noise level in the work environment is acceptable in this particular environment. However, the noise level can vary depending upon daily activity but will still remain within the acceptable noise level range. The employee is continuously interacting with the public and staff. The employee frequently will be required to meet multiple demands from several people. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Down Syndrome Association of South Texas is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted by November 30th, 2019 will receive first consideration.
- : Down Syndrome Association of South Texas
- : 11/30/2019
- : Kirk Mask
- : email@example.com
- : 2103494372
- : https://www.dsastx.org