Education Associate Job Description
MOVE Texas Civic Fund and MOVE Texas Action Fund (MOVE Texas) is seeking an
innovative, strategic, and community-oriented Education Associate to develop the next
generation of young leaders across Texas. 2020 will be the biggest year in MOVE’s history and
we are looking for a strong team member to directly support the program and operational needs
of our Civic Leadership Program, Alumni Association, and connecting members to leadership
opportunities. Young Texans are the heart of our organization and this role will strengthen the
pulse of youth empowerment across the Lone Star State. This position is based in Laredo,
About MOVE Texas:
MOVE Texas (Mobilize – Organize – Vote – Empower) is a grassroots, nonpartisan nonprofit
organization building power in underrepresented youth communities through civic education,
leadership development, and issue advocacy. We believe the strongest advocates for the
issues that matter to us are young, everyday people who are ready for a big change. We
register and turn out thousands of young voters every year, work to advance progressive
issues, and train young leaders across the state to create local change. We genuinely believe in
the power of young people, and invite you to become a part of it. Get to know us: Our website |
Support the MOVE Texas Civic Leadership Program
● Work directly with 8-10 fellows, ages 18-24, to coach them to plan local MOVEment
events that build community and elevate change makers. These events are for MOVE
Texas volunteers, alumni, fellows, and staff to learn, celebrate, and grow together
● Assist Education Director with curriculum development and training for weekly leadership
● Connect fellows with their next leadership position by developing personal and
professional growth plans
Develop and Lead the MOVE Texas Alumni Association
● Work with the Education Director to develop and implement a robust alumni program for
our 150+ Civic Leadership Program graduates across Austin, Dallas, Houston, Laredo,
San Marcos/Seguin, and San Antonio
● Mentor select alumni to cultivate long-term leadership within the Alumni Association and
in the progressive sector
● Create and implement a semester calendar of Alumni Association events and meetings
● Identify and promote local leadership development opportunities, such as training and
conferences, and progressive job opportunities to our community of fellows, volunteers,
● Build relationships with campus administrators to grow our list of formal internship and
service learning partners across the state
● Support the Educator Director with research to inform the design and implementation of
a long-term statewide membership program
Support MOVE Texas Statewide Events
● During election cycles, all staff are required to work in the field serving young people.
This includes events like Party at the Polls, where we literally host parties on college
campuses during early voting and election day.
● Attend and support local MOVE Texas events hosted by other departments as needed.
Some examples include National Voter Registration Day, Youth Power Happy Hours,
community forums, watch parties, parades, and rallies.
What we’re looking for:
● Available weekdays, with some weekday evenings and weekends. Willingness to work
non-traditional hours to accommodate working with college-age schedules and
supporting organizational events.
● Innovative, solution-oriented mindset, with commitment to working with an equity lens
● Highly organized, with exceptional attention to detail.
● Work style that is flexible, respectful and collaborative.
● Able to work independently with a remote team
● Communicates effectively with racially diverse team and community
● Experience in project coordination, event planning, and youth/young adult programming
● Ability to travel to our other cities for in-person support to our fellows during the
semester. Reliable transportation and a driver’s license are strongly preferred. Travel
● Spanish language skills are strongly preferred
● This position is based in Laredo, Texas.
● The Education Associate reports directly to MOVE Texas’ Education Director
● Full time position based on an annual salary of $38,000
● Travel required
● A great benefits package including: Unlimited paid time off; paid sick days; medical,
vision, and dental insurance plans; travel and cellphone per diem; and much more!
MOVE Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all, and strongly
encourage women, people of color, people of the global majority, people with disabilities,
immigrants, refugees, members of the Muslim and Jewish community, and members of the
LGBTQ community to apply.
Please email (Subject Line: MOVE Texas – Education Associate) a single PDF application with a paragraph explaining why you’re interested in this position, a resume, and 1-3 references (name, how you know the person, title, phone, and email).
Interviews are scheduled on a rolling basis. Position will be open until filled. No phone calls,
- : MOVE Texas
- : 06/19/2020
- : Hiring @ MOVE Texas
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : https://movetexas.org/move-texas-education-associate-job-description/
Hiring @ MOVE Texas