The Director or Senior Director for Development is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gift ($25,000+) donors and prospects for the College of Engineering. Reporting to the Dean of the College of Engineering and the Senior AVP for Development, specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Meet or exceed defined visit and fundraising goals.
- Manage personal portfolio of major gift prospects including qualifying, cultivating and soliciting prospects for gifts of at least $25,000.
- Responsible for discovery, pipeline building, strategic engagement activities as well as moves management with major gift donors and prospects.
- Contribute to internal and external communications and overall public relations and marketing for the College of Engineering to include the College’s website, publications, and promotional and fundraising materials.
- Supervise the gift recording, reporting and acknowledgement process for all gifts to the College of Engineering.
- Co-lead the College of Engineering Advisory Council; plan and oversee council meetings and provide guidance on development-related matters.
- Provide direct supervision of Assistant Director of Development and general supervision to the staff under the direction of the Dean.
- Prepare dean, other administration or volunteers for development activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
Director – Five years of professional fundraising experience with major gifts and/or foundation, individual and corporate prospect identification, solicitation and cultivation AND/OR professional experience in sales of services or related industries. Up to two years of additional education may be substituted for experience on a one for one basis
Senior Director – Seven years of professional development experience with major gifts and/or foundation, individual and corporate prospect identification, solicitation and cultivation AND/OR professional experience in sales of services or related industries. Up to two years of additional education may be substituted for experience on a one for one basis.
- Proven track record of building excellent donor relationships and closing five+ figure gifts
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills to establish and maintain good working relationships within all organizational levels and with outside constituencies.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make cold calls as well as to develop cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Highly effective organizational skills. Detail-oriented, self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently and manage more than one project simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of constituents/colleagues as a team member and as a leader in a complex organizational environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Able to think and plan strategically.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license or be able to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
Director – Seven years of professional fundraising experience securing private support for a university or service organizational.
Senior Director – Ten years of professional fundraising experience securing private support for a university or service organizational.
- Planned Giving experience.
- Capital campaign experience.
- Four years supervisory experience with demonstrated success.
- Proven track record of building excellent donor relationships and closing six+ figure gifts
- Experience in leading a team involving different phases of advancement including communications, special events and alumni relations.
- Experience working with advisory council members and other volunteers.
- Familiar with San Antonio business and philanthropic communities.
- Knowledge of development information systems, preferably Raisers Edge and NXT.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook or equivalent email system.
- The University of Texas at San Antonio
- Genevieve Tobias