KIPP San Antonio Position: Director of School Operations
KIPP San Antonio is a growing network of free, college-preparatory public charter schools that prepare students for success in college and in life. Outstanding educators, more time in school, a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum, and a strong culture of achievement and support help our students make significant academic gains. For more than 10 years, KIPP San Antonio has been redefining what is possible in public education.
KIPP San Antonio currently serves more than 3,200 students across six schools:
- KIPP Aspire Academy, founded in 2003;
- KIPP University Prep High School, founded in 2009;
- KIPP Camino Academy, founded in 2010 ;
- KIPP Un Mundo Dual Language Academy founded in 2012;
- KIPP Esperanza Dual Language Academy founded in 2014; and
- KIPP Poder Academy founded in 2015.
In order to continue to meet the needs of San Antonio’s students and the demand for additional high-quality, college-preparatory public schools in central San Antonio, we are currently embarking on an aggressive growth plan that will allow us to serve more than 9,000 K-12 students in 15 schools. We are committed to providing our students with an excellent education – no shortcuts, no excuses!
KIPP San Antonio is part of the national KIPP network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools with a track record of preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. There are currently 200+ KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving nearly 70,000 students.
The Director of School Operations is an existing role at KIPP San Antonio. In School Year 2018-19, KIPP San Antonio will be a network of 5 schools serving 3,500 students across three campuses. The Director of School Operations will be responsible for overseeing all school level operations directly managing ten school-based staff and indirectly managing a staff of more than 30. KIPP San Antonio is a growing network that will operate 15 schools at scale by 2025, inclusive of two new schools in the 2019-2020 school year. We have moved from a decentralized school operations model to a more centralized model. The Director of School Operations will have the opportunity to continue to shape our operations strategy as we continue to open schools and serve more students.
Reports to: Managing Director of Operations
- Supervise all non-academic school-based functions and people including Assistant School Leaders of Operations, School Office Managers, registrars, receptionists, custodians and kitchen staff
- Monitor performance of all school-based operations staff
- Coach and develop staff reporting directly to the Director of School Operations
- Coordinate and provide regular training to all school operations staff
- Develop and implement a multi-year school operations staffing plan
- Develop a strategy to understand TNTP survey results and an implementation plan to address survey feedback
- Serve as the primary liaison between school operations and all departments of the School Support Team including Academic, Growth/Development, Finance, Human Resources, and Operations
- Responsible for the security, maintenance, and cleanliness of all campuses
- Responsible for all campuses’ food services program, including compliance with the National School Breakfast Program and the National School Lunch Program
- Responsible for supervising campuses’ maintenance of necessary documents and files to ensure school compliance with all state and federal reporting requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written in English), interpret policy and procedures, maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling, regular heavy lifting. Biological exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases.
- Bachelor’s Degree; master’s degree preferred
- At least 7 years of work experience with 4-6 years of supervisory and management experience
- A proven ability to grow and develop organizational talent and skills
- Deep experience leading people and building teams
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional project management skills with an ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop productive working relationships
- Team player capable of working both collaboratively and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Passionate commitment to KIPP San Antonio’s mission and to high standards of excellence
- Unwavering integrity and perseverance
- Prior experience working in a school or school system is not required
Salary range is commensurate with experience. A competitive benefits package is also offered.
Please go to www.kipp.org and click on the Careers tab.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Kipp San Antonio