Buffalo Bayou Partnership – Buffalo Bayou Partnership (BBP) is the non-profit organization revitalizing and transforming Buffalo Bayou, Houston’s most significant natural resource. BBP works along a 10-mile stretch of the waterway from Shepherd Drive to the Port of Houston Turning Basin. Over the past 30 years, BBP has spearheaded numerous award-winning parks and green space projects, most notably the $58 million Buffalo Bayou Park.
Summary – The Buffalo Bayou Partnership Director of Finance and Administration oversees all financial and accounting activities as well as coordinates employee benefits. Responsibilities include budget management, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and financial analysis and reporting. Human resources functions managed by the Finance and Administration Director include administration of employee benefits, and policy and procedure compliance. BBP has a staff of 40 full-time and 6 part-time employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports the President and senior management team in all financial matters of the organization including long-term financial planning and forward-looking financial analysis that provides insight into operations, capital projects, business lines, new projects, and business plans.
• Provides the President and Board Finance Committee with relevant financial information including the annual budget, financial data tracking and analysis, cash flow and liquidity analysis, as well as strategic and long-term business planning
• Works closely with the President and senior management team to prepare and monitor annual budgets for Restricted and Unrestricted classes and all projects
• Coordinates with senior management team on relevant financial information, and consistent reporting and analysis
• Works with the development department to provide reporting materials for grants and governmental contracts
• Oversees cash management, asset management, inventory and compliance as it relates to finances
• Delivers improvements focused on efficiency and cost-effectiveness so the organization adapts to changing environments
• Administers all general financial functions (including maintaining cash receipts log, making deposits and reconciling monthly bank statements; processing all accounts payables/checks, recording all receipts and accounts receivables, reconciling credit card transactions)
• Coordinates reconciliation of donor gifts and pledges with organization’s database coordinator (E-tapestry is the current donor database software)
• Handles monthly ledger close, balance sheet, and income statement analysis
• Prepares and provides support for annual financial audit, 990 and other tax forms
• Administers payroll (Paycom is the payroll provider)
• Manages employee benefits (including 403(b) compliance reporting and administration, health and dental insurance, vacation and sick leave) Also includes annual benefits review and negotiations with benefit providers
• Keeps up to date on current HR trends
• Manages all insurance requirements (including general commercial liability, property, board, land, flood and boating insurance policies) and maintains logs of all current policies
• Researches and analyzes processes and software to improve financial activities
• Supervises part-time bookkeeper
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in a senior accounting or financial management role
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance; MBA/CPA and experience with non-profit accounting is preferred but not required
• Strong background with a variety of financial accounting systems and Excel skills for modeling
• Comfortable learning new technology and systems
• Strong organizational skills with ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced non-profit environment
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all level of employees and board management
BBP offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to:
No phone calls please.
- : Buffalo Bayou Partnership
- : 01/03/2020
- : Anne Olson
- : email@example.com
- : 7137520314