The Director of Education will be responsible for the management, implementation and continued development of a comprehensive arts education program that involves audiences of all ages and backgrounds in learning about and throughthe arts. Titled Generation NEXT Education Initiative, current programs include: School Time Performances, Family Theater Series, Artist Interactions, Sensory-Friendly Performances, and Teacher Professional Development. The position will be expected to maintain and grow relationships with resident companies, schools, and existing community partners while seeking out opportunities to reach new audiences.
- Create and implement the education program plan designed for schools, families and community organizations.
- Produce, maintain, and meet education department budgetary goals.
- Construct a teacher professional development plan for each of the following: general community educators, NEISD STEAM Schools & Lead Teachers, and SAISD Master Teachers.
- Represent the Tobin Center as a member of the San Antonio/Bexar STEM STEAM Ecosystem (SABSSE).
- Develop an arts integrated campus model alongside District leadership to create success in a local struggling school.
- Hire and manage local and national teaching artists.
- Work in partnership with the Development Department to identify prospects and craft/submit proposals for education program support.
- Collaborate with the Programming & Marketing Department to schedule & promote the school matinee performance season, SAISD Annual 5thgrade Field Trip, Family Theater Series schedule as well as Institutional Marketing that includes an education focus.
- Align programs with the Community Engagement Department and assemble a consolidated roster of education events at the Tobin Center incorporating Resident Company program initiatives.
- Expand and further develop existing programs, and craft new programs that fill a community void in arts education.
- Provide exceptional customer service to educators, administrators, artists, parents, students and other community members.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with all internal departments in presenting and promoting educational events.
- Cultivate relationships with Bexar County school districts, arts organizations, and non-profit organizations locally and nationally.
- Track and analyze attendance, survey data and other programmatic data to identify strategies for improvement, growth, and for use in grant writing and fundraising efforts.
- Prepare and oversee appropriate support and marketing materials as needed.
- Prepare data and narrative for grant and stewardship reports.
- Attend various administrative meetings.
- Prepare various routine and special reports as necessary.
- Serve as on-duty staff member at selected events.
- Some weekend and evening hours required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, communications, fine arts or related field. Minimum of five years related experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to interact and develop relationships with co-workers, give and receive constructive input, contribute ideas and viewpoints, adapt to changing circumstances and expectations and commitment to understand and remedy interpersonal conflicts.
- Motivated and demonstrated interest in role development.
- Effective project and event management skills.
- Ability to apply critical thought to projects.
- Experience working with schools and/or children’s programs.
- Knowledge of the performing arts preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
Send current resume to LuAnn Stidham at LuAnn.Stidham@tobincenter.org.
- : Tobin Center for the Performing Arts
- : 10/19/2018
- : LuAnn Stidham
- : LuAnn.Stidham@tobincenter.org
- : 115 Auditorium Circle San Antonio, Texas 78205