San Antonio Christian Dental Clinic
Position Description- Director of Donor Relations
San Antonio Christian Dental Clinic seeks a Director of Donor Relations to build a strong individual giving program, design and implement creative and engaging donor activities and events, strengthen community and corporate partnerships, and establish new donor relationships with local churches and civic organizations. Based in San Antonio, SA Christian Dental Clinic is a Christian ministry providing dental care to underserved or homeless Bexar County adults. SA Christian Dental Clinic is the only provider of uncompensated dental care Bexar County adults.
The Director of Donor Relations works in tandem with the Executive Director and Board to identify, steward, and solicit contributions resulting in annual contributed income of more than $1,000,000. The Director of Donor Relations is responsible for creating and executing annual and long-term fund development strategies with an emphasis on individual support, and developing stronger community partnerships resulting in an expanded annual giving program.
Part of SA Christian Dental Clinic’s senior leadership team, the Director of Donor Relations works in concert with other Leadership Team members and reports to the Executive Director.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and manage all aspects of SA Christian Dental Clinic’s annual giving program (i.e. annual appeal, crowd-funding campaigns, segmented appeals, community/civic partnerships, church and corporate giving)
- Manage all fundraising events for SA Christian Dental Clinic including, but not limited to, signature event, 2-3 annual house parties, volunteer recognition, and clinic tours/events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the philanthropic community, donors, sponsors, corporations, foundations, board members, and volunteers.
- Develop strategies for existing donors to effectively move them through a meaningful cycle of giving (donor engagement calendar).
- Cultivate and solicit a portfolio of individual donors, working with the Executive Director and key volunteers as appropriate.
- Lead SA Christian Dental Clinic’s participation in community giving efforts such as United Way, The Big Give, and the like.
- Work collaboratively and creatively with staff to appropriately position development opportunities and integrate messages in publications, reports, and collateral materials for cultivating and stewarding donors.
- Maintain giving records within the database.
- Work with the ED in proofing and editing grants to charitable foundations.
- Work with ED to develop annual strategic revenue plan.
- Work with the staff accountant to provide annual giving receipts.
- Recommend policies and procedures to guide development activities.
- Measures and tracks fundraising progress monthly.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills with exemplary work ethic, diplomacy, positive attitude, flexibility, conscientiousness, integrity and energy to work effectively with highly-motivated volunteers and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree; and a minimum of 3 years comprehensive experience in the fundraising profession.
- Demonstrated track record in essential development skills: annual fund, direct mail, major gifts, face-to-face asks, special events, and corporate/business partnerships
- Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
- Knowledge of social media tools and online platforms.
- Past experience with overseeing large scale fundraising events as well as the specific attention to detail that small donor gatherings require.
- Strong written, visual and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and donor management software; experience with Abila Fundraising CRM software preferred.
- Managing budgets.
- Comprehensive understanding of fundraising in nonprofit healthcare setting.
- Experience working with Board committees and volunteer committees.
- CFRE or ACFRE certification.SA Christian Dental Clinic offers a competitive annual salary and generous benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Instructions for Application
- To apply for this position, please email your résumé, letter of interest and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
- We fully respect the need for confidentiality of information supplied by interested parties and assure them that their backgrounds and interests will not be discussed with anyone, without prior consent, nor will reference contacts be made until mutual interest has been established.
- : San Antonio Christian Dental Clinic
- : 11/17/2018
- : Gloria Canseco
- : email@example.com
- : 2102202325