General Hours: Full Time / M-F 9AM – 5PM Sat / Sun & Evenings: On Occasion
Salary: $45,000 – 50,000
INCARNATE WORD HIGH SCHOOL. – DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Director, Advancement and Alumnae Relations. Works in alignment with the Director of Advancement and the Principal/CEO of Incarnate Word High School (IWHS). Works in alignment with the committee(s) overseeing the capital campaign and Advancement Team.
- The person in this position is responsible for meeting ambitious fundraising targets allowing IWHS to successfully operate and improve on programmatic and capital improvement needs. The goals are met through the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors whose annual, recurring gifts provide an underpinning of unrestricted and restricted support for IWHS priorities.
- This position is responsible for all the annual / special campaigns, special fundraising events, and sponsorship relationships under his/her direction, and is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating these campaigns, events, and fundraising relationships in partnership and collaboration with appropriate IWHS staff and faculty.
- The expectation of goals will come through: a) gift solicitation of foundations, individuals and corporations in and around San Antonio; b). targeted donor acquisition and stewardship through a diverse portfolio of campaigns, events, meetings, and school tours; c) strengthening the impact and size of the Gala and its committee; d) community engagement efforts that will lead to useful partnerships and donations.
- This position works in cooperation with all facets of IWHS’ faculty and staff to implement the school’s strategic and operational goals in order to fulfill its mission and vision.
- This position is geared for strong results-oriented staff member who is focused on achieving individual goals and team objectives supported by metrics and managed based objectives.
- The person demonstrates strong integrity who has a combination of strategic thinking and operational proficiencies and who can serve as a role model of best management practices and decision making.
- This person possesses a leadership style that is collaborative in nature and empowers volunteers and colleagues to achieve their highest potential.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Fundraising Management: works with the Director of Advancement and Alumnae to sets fundraising goals for the year which are aligned with the school’s Development Plan, the budget, and IWHS’ strategic plan. Works collaboratively to ensure stated fundraising goals are met. Is responsible for IWHS’s signature fundraisers and fundraising events throughout the year. Research prospects and coordinates strategies with the Director of Advancement and Alumnae for gifts, grants, planned gifts and corporate sponsorships and coordinates face-to-face meetings. Encourages and supports fundraising activities to include the Annual campaign, third-party fundraising events, and support for the Capital Campaign. Ensures donor acknowledgement and database entries are maintained on a regular basis. Track progress of grants received and ensures timely reporting to all funding sources. Serves as main point person to IWHS donors. Is responsible for stewardship activities and included in all donor related events and writing initiatives.
- Performs additional duties and accepts other responsibilities as may be assigned. This job may change at any time for any or no reason
- Proven track record of donor solicitation for annual fund, corporate and capital gifts.
- Current knowledge in fundraising trends and best practices.
- Strong fundraising event experience to include positive interaction with volunteers.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a diverse group of colleagues / families / volunteers to meet or exceed ambitious fundraising goals.
- Proficient in database management and all Microsoft Office, Blackbaud / Raiser’s Edge, Little Green Light, gift and wealth management tracking applications.
- Models fundraising professional ethical behaviors. Adheres to the highest level of ethical standards and integrity. Is trustworthy and transparent.
- Always Possesses an optimistic and positive attitude.
- Detail orientated and highly organized. Excellent organization and prioritizing skills. High attention to details, able to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high command for the English language to include grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Must be able to interact positively with a diverse base.
- Flexible and adaptable – willingness and ability to attend the occasional night meeting or weekend event. Able to demonstrate flexibility and can work alone and with people of diverse cultural background and social opinions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects and priorities.
- Excellent internal and external customer service. Self-motivated, resourceful and creative with the ability to problem solve and an attitude for immediate conflict resolution. This person must be a self-starter, who can work independently, be a supportive team member and work at a fast pace.
- Is a team player. Demonstrates organizational citizenship behavior. Builds trust, credibility and respect both for individuals and for IWHS. Increases the self-respect and moral of the faculty/staff and base members of IWHS. Leads with the intention of collaboration to create a good working atmosphere conducive to volunteering and completing tasks and helping others achieving their goals.
- Positive energy with an entrepreneurial spirit towards business, service, action, innovative and demonstrates a professional and respectful disposition towards colleagues, students, parents, alumnae, and community members.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience. Member of AFP or CASE strongly encouraged,
- Must have at least 3 years of senior management experience. This includes, but is not limited to, experience in non-profit management, fiscal management, fundraising, volunteer management and/or human resources.
All interns when applicable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references by E-mail: LCastrejonTijerina@IWHS.org Incarnate Word High School., Attn. Dir Advancement and Alumnae Relations, 727 East Hildebrand Ave., San Antonio, TX 78212. Only those persons meeting the minimum requirements and qualifications will be considered. Not all applicants will be interviewed.
- Incarnate Word High School
- Lupita Castrejon Tijerina
Lupita Castrejon Tijerina