The Director of Advancement – Austin is responsible for meeting ambitious fundraising targets that will allow the Austin region to successfully operate 26 schools by 2022. These goals are met through: a) solicitation of foundations, individuals and corporations in the Austin region, including grant writing and reporting, b) targeted donor acquisition and stewardship through a diverse portfolio of campaigns, events, meetings, and school tours; c) community engagement efforts including cultivation of local, state, and federal elected officials; and d) ensuring the appropriate infrstructure is in place to execute best-in-class advancement operations in Austin and IDEA’s new sites.
Raise $5,340,000 to support Austin region by June 30, 2018.
- Develop and execute yearly cultivation/stewardship goals and plans for small and mid-level individual donors
- Ensure the retention of 66% of donors who gave over the previous two (2) fiscal years (between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2017)
- Begin plans for the 2018 Opportunity Luncheon, which will have a goal of $115,000
- Actively engage local foundations that support public charter schools to give money to IDEA; and
- Draft compelling grant applications, reports and other external-facing collateral
Ensure best-in-class development infrastructure in place in Austin, El Paso and Southern Louisiana.
- Develop advancement-specific onboarding scope and sequence for new advancement team members
- Ensure all pledges and gifts entered into constituent management system within 24-hours of commitment
- Send acknowledgment letters within 48-hours of donation receipt
- Ensure all contacts and contact reports consistently entered into constituent management system
Host a visit with 90% of the state legislators who represent the region by June 2018:
- Meet state representatives, senators and/or senior staff
- Tour state representatives and senators at Austin IDEA schools
- Introduce state representatives and senators to IDEA leadership and alumni
Raise $28 million by June 30, 2018 to support IDEA Public Schools regional expansion and programmatic needs (Team-wide Goal).
- Support major federal, state, and private grant initiatives when requested
- Leverage local influencers for connections to prospective national and state donors
Live values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA’s core values
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience: two to three years of fundraising or related experience
- Experience in education (preferred)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to synthesize multiple facts, data points, and stories into compelling narrative explaining IDEA’s educational vision for the region to others.
- Superior writing ability and attention to detail.
- Comfort and confidence engaging with individuals from all backgrounds within the Austin community in order to explain the IDEA story and vision.
To apply, please vist: https://ideapublicschools.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=5&id=475
- : IDEA Public Schools
- : 02/28/2018
- : Aisha Gayle Turner
- : 2800 South IH 35 Austin, TX 78704
- : https://ideapublicschools.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=5&id=475