REPORTS TO: President/CEO
SUPERVISES: Development Associate (Salesforce/Grants)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Director of Grants and Foundation Relationships reports to the President/CEO and is a member of the organization’s Senior Management and Development teams. The Director is responsible for strategic design, execution, management and measurement of Vogel Alcove’s grants programs, with the goal of increasing gift revenue and donor engagement.
- Research potential grant funding sources (corporations, foundations, organizations, government) and collect data to analyze gift potential.
- Develop and maintain a timeline for grant proposals.
- Work collaboratively with the President/CEO and other Sr. Managers to understand program goals and priorities to write meaningful proposals and to develop specific requests as grant opportunities become available.
- Write and submit proposals, applications, and follow up reports.
- Maintain grant files and records.
- Utilize Salesforce to track grants, produce contact notes, and conduct appropriate follow-up.
- Develop a portfolio of reports from the Salesforce data base for measuring performance, analysis, and reporting.
- Supervise the Development Associate.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years of Development experience including demonstrated success in grant writing, preferably in a non-profit community-based organization.
- Proven success in identifying and soliciting funds from individuals, corporations, and foundations from a variety of sources and in developing relationships with donors.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required. Demonstrated ability to write clear and persuasive proposals.
- Excellent time management skills and a high degree of organization, careful attention to detail, ability to multitask and to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience of data entry systems and reporting (Salesforce experience preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, managing people and budgets, and an ability to work in a hands-on environment.
- Well-disciplined, self-motivated and goal-driven; able to work with a high degree of independence as well as part of a team.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential matters and information.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office programs
- Upbeat, positive, warm, and outgoing personality, with a passion for Vogel Alcove’s mission.
- Ability to work on selected weekdays, nights and weekend evenings as required.
- All other duties as assigned
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history to email@example.com.
No Telephone Calls Please!