The core responsibility and focus of the Digital Media Coordinator is maintaining and updating the mechanics of the Animal Defense League of Texas (ADL) website, including coding, updating and content creation. This fulltime position works in a supportive and collaborative capacity to provide content and creative that positions ADL as the premier shelter in the San Antonio area; maintaining a strong and compelling digital marketing presence, producing content for use in print, social media, website, pet profiles, and more. The Digital Media Coordinator will also find ways to expand ADL’s digital audience; support the website and find distinctive ways to promote ADL activities. This is a fulltime Monday through Friday position, but some weekends and evening work will be required. Will report directly to the Director of Development & Marketing.
Essential duties & responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- HTML and CSS Coding Skills, jQuery, Photoshop, front end development
- Web Design/Content Editing – CMS experience (preferably Word Press)
- Experience working with and using WordPress, Google AdWords
- SEO Experience
- Constant Contact Experience
- Design and maintain branding and marketing collateral
- Social Media Management and Planning, e-mail newsletter marketing
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and photo editing
- Advanced Video and Photography Skills including editing
- Creative Writing experience for web, social media and print collateral materials
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere, Lightroom)
- Minimum 3- years’ experience in graphic design and branding of collateral and marketing materials
- Advanced, professional creative writing skills with an emphasis on marketing, development and social media
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and have strong time management skills
- Must be self-directed, able to make decisions and thrive in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must possess a passion and real commitment to help companion animals in a shelter environment
Physical demands and working conditions:
Climbing, kneeling, lifting, standing, stooping, bending, and, at times, considerable walking may be required to perform the essential job functions. Physical requirements include the ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Working conditions are inside and outside with frequent exposure to temperature variations, noise, various environments, confining work spaces and unfavorable odors. Must have a genuine appreciation and commitment to companion animals, their welfare and wellbeing.
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefit package included.
Job Type: Full-time
- Animal Defense League
11300 Nacogdoches Rd.
San Antonio, Texas 78217