The Digital Marketing Coordinator is responsible for creating and implementing digital communications that are engaging, compelling, and consistent with the SAMMinistries brand. The Digital Communications Coordinator should be able to create content for diverse audiences, sharing a variety of informative and inspiring messages that encourage philanthropic support to promote the mission, vision, values, and priorities of SAMMinistries, as well as tracking results of digital efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute SAMMinistries’ digital marketing strategy.
- Write and edit compelling, effective content for digital vehicles including website, social media and email; monitor all channels.
- Create and maintain a schedule of posts and updates that will help organize the flow of content across all social media channels.
- Research and develop new social media initiatives that can be applied in support of SAMMinistries; stay up-to-date on changes to social media platforms as well as trends and best practices in social media.
- Build and maintain relationships with local influencers and bloggers to promote awareness of SAMMinistries to target audiences.
- Interface with the Public Relations team to create consistent and cohesive messaging throughout all social media channels.
- Work with Special Events Coordinator to facilitate social media for special events.
- Work collaboratively with all SAMMinistries’ departments to generate steady and engaging conversation with SAMMinistries’ digital community of supporters.
- Manage cross-channel digital fundraising and donor communications related to strategic goals.
- Create and edit graphics and videos for dissemination via digital channels.
- Develop digital marketing strategies, including digital storytelling, email marketing, website optimization, SEO/SEM, digital advertising, and segmentation recommendations.
- Advance efforts to improve and drive more traffic to SAMMinistries’ website; keep the website updated with relevant news and materials; track and utilize analytics to understand and optimize how visitors interact with the website.
- Draft, edit and disseminate e-newsletters and other email-based outreach to constituents, tracking and optimizing distribution.
- Track and report on social media and web analytics.
- Present, with commitment and passion, SAMMinistries’ vision, mission, values, and goals to the San Antonio community.
- Develop goals, priorities and timelines on a regular basis, ensuring timely and efficient management and completion of all related tasks.
- Communicate and coordinate priorities, progress, workload, and challenges to the Marketing Communications Manager on a regular basis.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in organization‐wide planning activities.
- Handle other tasks as assigned by the Marketing Communications Manager, Chief Development Officer, or President and CEO.
- Keep up to date on philanthropic trends by reading industry publications and attending conferences, workshops, and seminars.
- Undertake all activities with the highest ethical standards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in nonprofit management, communications, marketing, or a related discipline; minimum of 3 years of experience in digital marketing; knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), CMS experience (WordPress) as well as design tools (Constant Contact, Canva, Adobe Suite). Photography skills and experience with Blackbaud/Online Express is a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: It is imperative that the person in this position possess a high level of energy, ambition, and orientation towards general marketing of SAMMinistries with donors; strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and computer literacy skills; strong attention to detail, accuracy and capable of meeting deadlines; ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations; ability to write newsletters, articles, stories, marketing materials, proposals, reports and business correspondence; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of donors, clients, customers, and the general public.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Candidate must have a valid Texas Driver’s License, a good driving record, reliable transportation and proper insurance coverage on automobile use for work. Monthly mileage reimbursed for applicable and documented work related mileage. Some travel may be required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to operate a computer, copier, fax machine, and a telephone with intercom. Ability to work in Microsoft Windows and Office Suite applications; a willingness to learn new programs and applications is essential; ability to follow instructions, think conceptually, set priorities and interface effectively with staff; ability to coordinate work requirements and to handle several projects simultaneously; ability to work conscientiously without supervision; must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and public speaking ability; ability to maintain strict confidentiality and interact well with all constituencies; ability to work independently but also be flexible in providing assistance to the “team” as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires onsite, face to face interactions with donors and staff. The work environment is indoors. Workload may dictate work hours in excess of 40 hours per week and during evenings and weekends. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
Please send resume to Resume-DigitalMarketingCoordinator@samm.org