Texas Gun Sense is seeking a Development Manager to oversee and administer all annual giving and grow our fundraising operation throughout the state. The Development Manager will play an integral role in the organization, managing an ambitious events plan (virtual and in-person), digital fundraising program, recognition and stewardship, and donor engagement opportunities. The ideal candidate has a passion for fundraising and a commitment to working for gun violence prevention.
Texas Gun Sense is a statewide, non-profit, nonpartisan organization building an informed and effective movement advocating for common sense, evidence-based policies to reduce gun injuries and deaths.
The Development Manager will work with the TGS Executive Director and the Board in Austin. The Manager must reside in the Austin Metropolitan Area. TGS does not have a physical office, this position is remote with flexible hours. Evening and weekend hours may be necessary at times. It requires 40 hours/week, on average, with the expectation of regular meetings and phone calls with the Executive Director. Limited travel around the state will be required.
- Create a comprehensive fundraising campaign and social media strategy focusing on donor acquisition and retention, giving day opportunities, and donor engagement.
- Organize and coordinate all fundraising events for the organization (virtual and in-person).
- Develop and implement stewardship opportunities, as well as models to expand donor base.
- Conduct and analyze research on donors and prospects.
- Track donations, monitor financial goals, and ensure timely acknowledgments.
- Assist Director with grant writing.
- A commitment to the principles and values of Texas Gun Sense and its mission.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in nonprofit or political fundraising with a proven track record of soliciting, closing, and stewarding gifts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders – both organizations and individuals.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofing skills, along with excellent problem-solving skills, with a consistent, solution-oriented approach.
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills, including setting priorities and improving on existing processes/systems.
- Personal initiative and a sense of humor. Friendly, outgoing, and collaborative approach, and a team-oriented style.
- Experience with donor database management and systems to track campaigns preferred. (Texas Gun Sense uses SALSA donor management and fundraising CRM.)
- Proficiency with office technology and information systems (including MS Office Suite) preferred.
- Experience with internet-based communication and social media tools.
- A confident and professional work style. Ability to work independently and to exercise sound judgment in stressful circumstances. Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks as the responsibilities of the position evolve.
- Knowledge of the Texas philanthropic and political community preferred.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary range is $45,000 – $65,000, depending on experience. Paid time off.
To apply for this position, submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Resume (3 references upon request)
Applicants will be considered and interviewed on a rolling basis. The deadline to apply is July 6, 2021.