Hemisfair Conservancy Development Director
San Antonio, Texas
Mission of the Hemisfair Conservancy: To serve as a powerful conduit of philanthropy to elevate San Antonio by ensuring exceptional quality and longevity of the Hemisfair public spaces and their amenities for generations.
Vision: Hemisfair is becoming one of the world’s great public places.
Summary: The Hemisfair Conservancy seeks to fill the position of Development Director (DD) that will strengthen ties between the community and Hemisfair with an overall goal of increasing annual gifts and building the major gifts pipeline.
The DD is responsible for developing, sustaining and deepening relationships with individuals, families, foundations, corporations and the broader community. The objective of all development activities is to connect the ongoing needs of Hemisfair to the philanthropic interests of potential supporters in a way that compels them to respond with gifts of resources. The DD will be expected to attune to the needs of donors and identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward these very important partners.
The DD reports to the Executive Director (ED) and will focus on donor research and development, annual giving, grants and database support.
The DD must be a highly energetic professional with an established track record of building donor relationships and securing support. The DD will also be responsible for engaging other resources of the Hemisfair Conservancy to grow donor relationships and philanthropic support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The DD is responsible for annual fundraising activities of the organization including the following:
- Work with the ED to create the annual fundraising strategy and ensure its execution
- Build relationships with a portfolio of 20 established donors and grow it to 50 donors who are capable of making annual gifts up to $10,000
- Conduct introductory inquiries and coordinate appropriate follow-up activities
- Schedule and conduct donor visits and tours, deliver speeches and presentations
- Conduct multiple personal engagements with donors in the assigned portfolio
- Solicit financial support from individuals, businesses and organizations
- Engage the ED, team and board members in development activities
- Maintain database records of prospect assignments, tracking cultivation, solicitation and follow-up efforts
- Ensure that all donors receive prompt thanks, appropriate recognition and a report on the impact their gifts have made
- Work with the team to perform meaningful stewardship activities including personal calls and hand-written notes
- Attend special events on behalf of the Conservancy whether sponsored by Hemisfair, donors or collaborating partners
- Present, with commitment and passion, the Hemisfair Conservancy’s mission, values and goals to the donor community and other audiences
- Plan, manage and oversee annual or special fundraising activities including direct mail and multi-media campaigns
- Promote planned giving opportunities
- Support the ED in major gift and capital campaign activities
- Develop goals, priorities and timelines on a regular basis, ensuring prompt and efficient management and completion of all related tasks
- Communicate and coordinate priorities, progress, workload and challenges to the ED
- Assist with creating social media content or other promotional material as assigned
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the ED
- Stay abreast of best practices in the non-profit sector
- Maintain the highest ethical standards
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in annual fundraising with increased responsibility
- Demonstrated success in cultivating and securing gifts
- Ability to navigate and make entries in a donor database system to effectively track donor information; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, resource management and computer literacy skills
- Excellent writing skills; ability to write articulate and persuasive grant proposals
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to exceed deadlines
- Proficiency with social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Public speaking ability, including response to audience questions
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality
- Energy, enthusiasm and confidence in building relationships on behalf of Hemisfair
- Experience with community-wide fundraising efforts for urban projects preferred
- Knowledge of San Antonio’s philanthropic community is preferred, including individual, corporate and foundation
Work Environment: The work environment is primarily indoors. Workload may exceed 40 hours per week, sometimes including evenings and weekends. Team members are enthusiastic colleagues who work in close quarters and an open environment in an historic building in downtown San Antonio. Parking is provided. Some local travel may be required. A criminal history background check will be required for finalists under consideration for this position.
Benefits/Compensation: A competitive compensation package with a base salary of $75,000 will be offered for this position, commensurate with education, skills and experience. The DD position offers an attractive benefits package.
Contact: Position will remain open until filled. Initial deadline is April 23, 2018. Serious consideration will be given to applicants who meet all qualifications. Please e-mail your résumé, cover letter, list of three professional references (current/former supervisor, co-worker and subordinate preferred) and salary history to: email@example.com. Please do not supply additional information unless requested. The Hemisfair Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- : Hemisfair Conservancy
- : 04/23/2018
- : Anne Krause
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 2102622502