The Development Director – Annual Giving is responsible for managing and implementing a comprehensive strategy to maximize support from individual and corporate donors for Texans Care for Children. This individual directly supervises the Development Coordinator and works closely with the Deputy Director, Chief Executive Officer, and Board of Directors to increase participation and engagement in development initiatives resulting in sustainable revenue growth.
Texans Care for Children is a statewide, non-profit, non-partisan, multi-issue children’s advocacy organization based in Austin. We develop policy solutions, produce research and engage Texas community leaders to educate policymakers, the media and the public about what works to improve the well-being of Texas children and families.
Texans Care for Children is an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek to build an organization that reflects the diversity of the population we serve.
- Serving as a member of the organization’s leadership team to drive organizational development, including analysis and implementation of priorities, partnership and infrastructure needs in line with the organization’s strategic plan;
- Building a comprehensive annual development plan to diversify development revenue streams including individual donors, corporate giving, retail campaigns, and other opportunities, increase the number of individual donors, strengthen donor retention, engage lapsed donors, grow prospects lists and acquire new donors;
- Providing supervision to Development Coordinator, Development Interns and other staff, as needed;
- Identifying corporate donor prospects, cultivating corporate relationships, creating corporate funding proposals, writing corporate grants, and fulfilling reporting requirements;
- Crafting donor communications including campaign appeals, donor correspondence, donor newsletters, social media campaigns, in coordination with the Communications Department;
- Coordinating donor special events, including the annual luncheon;
- Partnering with the Board of Directors Development Committee to achieve development goals including facilitating goal setting and participating in board Development Committee meetings;
- Preparing monthly development budget reports to ensure that financial goals are achieved;
- Maintaining a broad and deep understanding of current best practices, rules, policies, guidelines and procedures related to development activities; and
- Creating and nurturing a culture of philanthropy and awareness that securing the necessary resources to fund the organization is a shared responsibility across all departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in philanthropy, nonprofit development, communications, management or a similar field;
- At least five years of senior level development experience;
- Track record of identifying donor prospects, building and maintaining relationships with donors and exceeding fundraising goals;
- Exceptional leadership skills and experience managing diverse staff;
- Effective communicator with experience crafting campaign materials such as mailings, emails, event materials, and grants;
- Knowledge of financial planning, analysis and basic accounting principles in a nonprofit environment;
- Experience with event planning and execution;
- Experience with donor management platforms and functions such as report management, donor segmentation, donor research, and donor moves management; and
- Commitment to the mission of Texans Care for Children and passion for improving the wellbeing of Texas children.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Texans Care for Children offers excellent benefits to full-time employees, including:
- Employer-paid health, dental and vision insurance,
- Employer retirement matching contributions, and
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal time leave.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, your salary requirements, and three professional references to email@example.com. Your application will not be considered unless all of these materials are submitted.
Texans Care is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying.
- Texans Care for Children
- Human Resources