Youth Rise Texas is a burgeoning nonprofit organization whose mission is to uplift teens harmed by criminalization so that they may heal, take action, and cultivate compassionate communities. We are a power building organization that is led by people directly impacted by systems of criminalization and deportation, and we are committed to transformative organizing and healing justice. Through a variety of programming we create space for directly impacted youth to step into their own power and train them to be leaders in movements for social change while also centering the importance of personal healing and wellbeing. Since our founding in 2015 we have become an authoritative voice both locally and nationally on innovative, youth-led approaches to youth development and civic engagement for young people impacted by mass incarceration and immigrant deportation. Now, in 2020, we are scaling up our operations, programs, and membership building efforts to meet the moment we find ourselves in, and we are looking for a leader with a demonstrated history of translating positive work into bankable revenue who can help financially sustain the organization through this transition!
Youth Rise Texas seeks a Director of Development to join our executive leadership team. This individual is someone who has a deep love for making the dream work – they are an excellent communicator who can inspire investment in social justice work. If you are someone who desires to work in a fast-paced environment with a visionary leader and you enjoy being the Make It Rain Co-Pilot, this role may be for you! We’re seeking someone who will help envision and build upon the foundational systems that are helping us grow into our highest and brightest visions and bringing home the bacon.
The Director of Development will contribute to the maintenance and development of Youth Rise Texas fundraising efforts, programs and partnerships through a combination of grant writing and management, individual donor fundraising, event coordination, and database management. This leader will work with our executive leadership team and board of directors to co-create and manage all functions of our fund development work while also systematizing an inspirational set of messages and branding that can compellingly communicate cause for investment across all platforms.
- Grant writing + grants management (using Grant Hub & Asana to manage these projects)
- Individual and philanthropic prospecting research + lead development, including scheduling prospect meetings, conducting prospect research, and preparing our Executive Director for these meetings
- Coordinating with our board’s External Affairs Committee on board-led fundraising efforts, including 4 annual campaigns per year in September, December, March and April
- Working with Executive Director, Deputy Director and Board of Directors to carry out individual/major donor fundraising efforts
- Implementing organizational fundraising plan
- Project management of all individual donor cultivation efforts including responsibility for carrying out all donor acknowledgements, ensuring board and staff are participating in cultivation activities at the appropriate thresholds, organizing donor cultivation events, and sending year end tax letters ● Serving as lead organizer and staffer on all fundraising events
- Bottom-lining development of marketing plan and marketing materials
- Development database management (using Better Unite)
- Carrying out organizational communications projects to ensure coordinated messaging across platforms (social media, e-news blasts, mailers, annual reports, drafting cultivation notes, etc)
- Writing, printing, and mailing the organization’s annual report
- Reporting to Executive Director and Board of Directors on monthly and quarterly revenue reports
Minimum of 5 years of proven, successful experience raising revenue for an organization with an annual budget upwards of $800,000
Compensation depends on experience; the salary range for this role is highly competitive ($65,000-$76,000), and includes a generous benefits package. This position is scheduled to start in August 2020; start date may be flexible for the right candidate. Youth Rise Texas is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color and those harmed by the criminal justice system to apply for open positions.
Preference for Austin, TX-based candidates but welcome remote applications
Find our organization’s job posting here: https://www.youthrisetx.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Job-Announcement-Development-Director.pdf
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a 1 page pitch or LOI writing sample to email@example.com with Development Director in the subject field. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please do not call to inquire about the status of your submission.
- Youth Rise Texas