Mission Heritage Partners
The Development Director, in conjunction with the Executive Director and the appropriate committees, creates and oversees the implementation of Mission Heritage Partners strategic approach to fundraising, which may include major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, special events, legacy/planned giving, membership cultivation/stewardship, and in-kind resources. Goals and fundraising targets will be established at the outset of employment. The Development Director reports directly to the Executive Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Plan fund development activities
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Development Committee to create a development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of Mission Heritage Partners
- Implement the fund development plan in accordance with ethical fundraising principles
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
- Monitor trends in the community and region and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary
Organize fund development activities
- Develop and manage timelines for fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out
- Ensure the development office follows ethical fundraising practices
- Research, prepare and submit grant applications to generate funding for park projects
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising and friendraising/membership events to generate funds and new members
- Expand the corporate, community and individual prospects for better targeting of the organization’s fundraising priorities
- Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database
- Coordinate in-kind donations and make decisions regarding the issuing of receipts
- Works in conjunction with the Special Events, Gala and Membership Committees to recruit and train volunteers for special events
Manage Development Budget
- Develop annual income and expenditure budget for fundraising, marketing, and membership
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure related to fundraising and the management of development activities
- Monitor expenses and analyze budget reports on fund development and recommend changes as necessary
Promote the organization
- Be prepared to foster an understanding of philanthropy within the organization
- Works with the Marketing/Public Relations Committee, to develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the organization and its fundraising activities
- In collaboration with staff, coordinates the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
- Works with the Executive Director, to build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of Mission Heritage Partners
- Undergraduate degree required
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset
Must have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations affecting non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Special event planning and management
- Volunteer management
Proficiency in the use:
- Bloomerang donor management software
- Microsoft Office Suite
The Development Director should demonstrate competence in the following areas:
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve the finances of the organization and to create new opportunities in the area of fundraising.
- Behave Ethically: Understands and follows ethical behavior and business practices.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, board, committee members, as well as internal and external stakeholders to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write clearly using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Donor Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of donors to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends during major campaigns and/or special events.
- Cover Letter, Résumé and a list of at least three professional references* should be emailed to:email@example.com or by mail: Mission Heritage Partners, 6539 San Jose Drive, San Antonio, TX 78214.
- * Please provide email and phone contact information for your references and describe relationship.
- : Mission Heritage Partners
- : 03/12/2020
- : Rosebud Coffey
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 2109223218
- : https://missionheritagepartners.org/