Development Coordinator (Full-Time)
Vogel Alcove, a 30-year-old non-profit in Dallas, whose mission is dedicated to the care and early childhood education of young children from homeless and domestic abuse shelters has an opening for a Full-time Development Coordinator in their NAEYC Accredited child care facility.
General Description of Position:
Working with the Vogel Alcove Development team, the Development Coordinator is responsible for creating and executing projects and programs that support and enhance the organization’s fundraising efforts. Responsibilities include prospect research, assisting with donor cultivation, donor stewardship, annual campaigns, and events, and provides administrative support to the President/CEO. This position reports directly to the President/CEO and works closely with other directors – Chief Development Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, and Director of Grants and Research.
- Assume a lead role in planning and executing all fundraising events, including Design & Dine, Day 1 Dallas, and the Arts Performance event.
- Manage event logistical details, serving as point of contact for vendors, supporters, and sponsors.
- Organize auction procurement efforts and prepare auction materials.
- Work with Development team to develop event programs and run of shows.
- Record and track event data and constituent information, including budget information, registration, and results.
- Coordinate with other seasonal or special events, support community cause marketing initiatives/events, and oversee donor appreciation/cultivation events.
- Fulfill sponsorship recognition and benefits.
- Manage additional special projects that attract funds.
Donor Prospect Research:
- Help research and identify corporate and individual donor prospects.
- Prepare donor prospect profiles and background for solicitors.
- Prepare materials for internal and external presentations.
Donor Cultivation, Solicitation, and Stewardship:
- Schedule meetings or site visits with donor prospects.
- Fulfill donor benefits and insure that all gifts have been acknowledged.
- Coordinate donor cultivation and donor recognition activities; prepare invitations, programs, and other materials for events or meetings
- Maintain relationships and support retention of donors through excellent relationships building skills and follow up.
- Manage Classroom Champion program – communication with donors and recordkeeping.
- Ensure donor stewardship and cultivation activity is accurately reported in Salesforce; design and run reports and assist with donor database maintenance.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to President/CEO
- Assist with correspondence including drafting, editing, and preparing various documents and reports
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings and special events.
- Serve as the administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and board committees.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years’ experience in a Development/fundraising/event management role, preferably in non-profit community based organization.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of data entry systems and reporting (Salesforce experience preferred).
- Proficient in the use of MS Office programs
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and follow through with minimal direction in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Attention to detail, project management skills, and strong organizational skills
- Flexibility, in varied job assignments.
- Upbeat, positive, warm, and outgoing personality.
- Energetic team player, who work well in collaborative situations
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history to HR@vogelalcove.org.
No phone calls please.