Development Associate (Part time)
Texas Gun Sense is a well-established nonprofit, with a mission to advocate for common sense, evidence-based policies to reduce gun injuries and deaths – including suicides, unintentional injuries and deaths. This is a contract position at approximately half time.
Position Responsibilities include working with the Executive Director and board to:
- Leverage current donors to maximize gifts
- Cultivate new donors
- Create and implement a solicitation strategy
- Create and implement a stewardship program
- Create and implement a major gifts program
- A passion for the nonprofit sector and a particular commitment to the TGS mission.
- Significant experience in development, with at least some of that experience working on securing individual donors.
- A strong interpersonal skill set and the ability to effectively articulate the TGS mission to a variety of audiences.
- A strong knowledge of the Texas statewide philanthropic community.
- A high level of organization and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong written communication skills.
- A comfort with initiating donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Knowledge of best practices in prospect identification and donor cultivation, engagement, and acknowledgment.
- Experience working with donor management software, preferably Salsa.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
This position allows the Associate to work remotely with flexible hours. Evening and weekend hours may be necessary at times. It requires 20 hours/week, on average, with the expectation of regular meetings and phone calls with the Executive Director. Travel to Austin and other locations around the State will be required.
To learn more about Texas Gun Sense, please visit www.txgunsense.org.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- : Texas Gun Sense
- : 12/31/2018
- : Gyl Switzer
- : firstname.lastname@example.org