Who We Are:
Avenue is an award-winning non-profit organization dedicated to building affordable homes and strengthening communities. Avenue has been in existence for 26 years and offers competitive compensation plans and benefits programs.
Community and teamwork are critical to the success of Avenue. We are always looking for passionate, dedicated employees to help us continue the mission and positively impact the communities that we serve. For more information about what we do, please visit us at www.avenuecdc.org.
As Development Associate you will participate in a variety of fund development and communication activities, especially event management, database strategy and management, and provide administrative support to the Director of Fund Development and Communication. You will lead teams to prepare and execute events, including Art on the Avenue, and participate in the creation of marketing materials.
• Manage printing of solicitation and thank you letters, annual appeal, other correspondence as requested. Appropriately file and document to database, shared folders.
• Project manage creation of marketing materials in partnership with Development Communications
• Project manage events such as groundbreakings, grand openings, cultivation events, donor recognition events, Art on the Avenue cultivation events
• Lead coordination of corporate volunteer events, such as home repair, clean-ups etc.
• Track and reconcile donor and sponsor funds, and assist with related communications.
• As Team Manager, prepares agenda for weekly meeting, schedules meetings and tours, drives team forward in project management of team goals.
• Project manage as Team Lead the annual gala, Art on the Avenue.
• Maintain current and accurate constituent data including strategy and reporting.
• Maintain foundation, corporation, and individual donor files, continually update database.
• Integrate data through consistently monitoring synchronizations and regular file import/exports, and record updates
• Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
• Become the subject matter expert on the donor database and all associated functionalities. Assist staff in use / execution of the database, queries and reports
• Manage and track staff and board completion of donor recognition requests
• Work with the Office Manager to process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Willingness to learn, to be solution-oriented when faced with a problem and seek/provide feedback in order to improve service quality and customer service
• Professionalism in interacting with staff, peers, management and supervisors
• Maintain confidentiality and security of all information
• Ability to become proficient quickly in new software
• Ability to identify areas of improvement for processes, policies and procedures
• Management of complex and changing processes as requirements
• Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks and occasional projects
• Precision and attention to detail, well organized
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively and confidently with diverse individuals
• Ability to sense when people are overwhelmed and to break obstacles down to manageable steps
• Ability to work independently and as a productive team member
• Project management ability or desire to learn.
• Flexibility and poise in dealing with a diverse range of individuals and organizations, including foundations, public agencies, corporate leaders, community development organizations and neighborhood residents.
• Education: A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and 2+ years of related experience in fund development with nonprofits.
• Experience: Two or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Computer Skills: Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word. Desirable: design/publishing software, donor management software, and web research techniques.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience developing and maintaining donor database and marketing/mailing lists.
• Must have reliable transportation with a valid driver’s license.
What We Offer:
In addition to opportunity for growth, and meaningful work Avenue offers a very generous benefit and paid leave package to all employees
Avenue offers work/life balance through:
• Paid Vacation for both Part-Time and Full-Time Employees
• Sick Leave
• Holiday Pay
• Paid Parental Leave
• Short Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
• Long Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
• Life Insurance & ADD – 100% Employer Paid
• 401k Plan with Employer Match
• Medical – 100% Employer Paid for base plan (four plans offered) *
*required to work full time to be eligible for this benefit
To apply, please submit the following information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ‘Development Associate’ in the subject line.
1. Cover letter that explains the following:
• how your skills and experience are relevant to advancing the tasks outlined for this position and;
• include your salary requirements.
3. Three professional references
At this time, only e-mail applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
Avenue is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- : Avenue CDC
- : 11/06/2018
- : email@example.com
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 7138648099
- : https://www.avenuecdc.org/