San Antonio Academy of Texas seeks a highly-organized professional with excellent decision-making abilities to provide donor relations support and general administrative office support for the Development Office. The Development Associate manages the database, tracks endowments, generates reports, conducts research, coordinates mailings and provides assistance for events. The position works closely with the Business Office to maintain records and reconcile financial reports. This is a full-time salaried position that occasionally requires work on evenings, weekends or other days posted as “school holidays.”
· Maintain accurate database records for past, current and prospective constituents.
· Receipt, record and acknowledge monetary and in-kind donations and follow-up on outstanding pledges.
· Actively seek, analyze and enter notable information of constituents into database.
· Establish protocols for data collection and storage to ensure consistency, verify accuracy and maintain various levels of security and confidentiality.
· Produce frequent and extensive standardized and specialized reports in Raisers Edge and Greater Giving.
· Generate address lists for mailings and coordinate assembly and posting of mailings.
· Produce and manage event-related materials such guest lists, name tags and web-based forms.
· Manage the online donations and reservations components of the school website.
Donor Relations Support:
· Establish protocol for donor communications related to both printed and web-based donation forms.
· Receive and record reservations for Development-sponsored events and attendees.
· Maintain constituent relations filing systems (paper, Word/Excel, Raisers Edge and Greater Giving).
· Work with the Communications Department to publish the Annual Report.
· Support the Parents’ Club in its fundraising efforts by serving as liaison to the Parents Club Officers.
· Attend and assist with all Development Department scheduled events.
· Assist other staff members with basic use and protocols of Raisers Edge and Greater Giving
· Provide administrative and clerical support such as keeping calendars, distributing mail, setting up for meetings and performing general office tasks such as copying, typing, faxing and emailing to support the Development Office functions.
· Maintain inventory of office supplies and coordinate equipment maintenance.
· File copies of all Development Office expenses and maintain the expense notebook.
· Accurately record the minutes of Board and Development meetings and other meetings as assigned.
3-5 years development, advancement, fundraising, grant-writing or related experience strongly preferred.
Comprehensive working knowledge of Raisers Edge is required, with a willingness and ability to learn new components of the application. Experience with similar database program may be substituted upon approval.
Computer proficiency required with an emphasis on current version of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Publisher), Google Docs and web-related navigation.
Accounting and/or business background helpful.
Demonstrates full understanding of the capabilities and functions of relational databases as a critical component of effective fundraising practices.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to write, edit and proofread written documents.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Nurture effective working relationships with staff, volunteers and donors.
Prioritize tasks, work well under pressure, adhere to deadlines and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Simultaneously see multiple projects to timely completion.
The Development Associate should possess and demonstrate these qualities:
Exemplary work ethic.
Work effectively with highly motivated volunteers and staff.
Ability to shift priorities and cope with interruptions and changes with poise, diplomacy and tact.
Support of the mission of San Antonio Academy.
San Antonio Academy provides a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits program, which includes: comprehensive medical and dental insurance, paid sick days, vacation time, and an excellent retirement investment plan.
Review of applications will continue until a selection is made. San Antonio Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
- : San Antonio Academy
- : 03/13/2019
- : Mary Shrader
- : 210-733-7331
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 117 East French Place San Antonio, TX 78212
- : https://www.sa-academy.org