Fiscal Management Associates (FMA) is a growth-oriented management consulting firm dedicated to building the capacity of the nonprofit sector. We partner with nonprofits, philanthropy, and government to help organizations attain operational excellence, ensure financial sustainability and effectively achieve their desired impact. Our collaborative approach includes client input and involvement at each stage of an engagement.
FMA is made up of a highly diverse team, coming from a wide range of cultural and economic backgrounds and representing a spectrum of experience, race, age, gender, ethnicity, ability, and sexual orientation. A Latina-founded and led organization, FMA draws upon its staff to deliver services that are sensitive to the needs and values of both nonprofit and funding organizations.
Our team works with leaders who are organizing youth movements, fighting against racial and gender inequities, using art for civic engagement, and providing fundamental services to those who need it most, to name a few. Our consulting and training services have consistently earned recognition for their pragmatism and relevance.
FMA is seeking a Consultant to join the newly formed Grants Management team, which will provide three levels of Grants support to FMA clients: Transactional, Managerial and Strategic support. You will play a key role in establishing and implementing policies and procedures for managing all aspects of government and private contracts, including start-ups, renewals, amendments, modifications, and closeouts across FMA clients. Additionally, you will support the build-out of the Grants Management team in the following areas: People, Processes, and Systems (all supported by FMA). You will also assist in identifying roles and responsibilities at each level of support, developing and implementing policies and procedures for the team, and identifying appropriate technology to automate and streamline procedure.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain a calendar of grant reporting (programmatic and financial)
- Maintain contractual records grant correspondence, subcontract information sheets, status reports and other documents for all grant funded projects.
- Prepare monthly &/or quarterly reimbursement expenditure vouchers.
- Monitor ongoing compliance with funder regulations, and present possible instances of non-compliance to client for resolution.
- Assist with the maintenance of salary allocations for grant funded positions, and review cost center charges for non-personnel spending.
- Perform account analysis and propose Journal Entries for assigned contracts as part of the monthly grants close process.
- Work proactively with program staff to understand changes in the program’s operations and initiate all budget modifications based on that discussion.
- Support all aspects of government contract audits including pre-audit preparation of requested documents and supporting schedules.
- Ensure the timely close-out of contracts including the submission of year-end modifications.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Nonprofit finance management or related fields.
- You have strong knowledge of federal, state and local government grant administration regulations including the CFR and Uniform Guidance.
- You have a working knowledge of NYC contracts administered by the Department of Homeless Services; Human Resources Administration; Department of Health & Mental Hygiene; the Department for the Aging; the Department of Youth & Community Development; the Department of Education; and the Department of Housing Urban Development is strongly preferred.
- You have a working knowledge of NYC & NYS grants administration portals, including HHS Accelerator, PASSPort, and Grants Gateway is highly desired.
- You are experienced with non-profit accounting systems, Intacct (Sage) is a plus.
- You can work independently and be self-reliant while still working effectively in a team environment.
- You can effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- You have a strong attention to detail and the ability to analyze data and communicate the results in a concise manner.
- You can effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office products; Excel proficiency is a plus.
If you are interested in applying, include a cover letter and resume.
FMA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. FMA hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. FMA is committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourages applicants of marginalized identities to apply for this position.
Dominique “DD” Dominguez
Senior Talent Associate
- Fiscal Management Associates (FMA)
- Dominique “DD” Dominguez
Dominique “DD” Dominguez