Fiscal Management Associates, LLC. (FMA) is a growth-oriented management consulting firm dedicated to building the capacity of the nonprofit sector. We partner with nonprofits, philanthropy, and government to help organizations attain operational excellence, ensure financial sustainability, and effectively achieve their desired impact. Our collaborative approach includes client input and involvement at each stage of an engagement, and at the core of every project we deliver is our commitment to developing strong and trusting relationships between funders and their grantees.
FMA is made up of a highly diverse team, coming from a wide range of cultural and economic backgrounds and representing a spectrum of race, age, ethnicity, ability, and sexual orientation. A Latina-founded and led organization, FMA draws upon its staff to deliver services that are sensitive to the needs and values of both nonprofit and funding organizations.
Our team works with leaders who are organizing youth movements, fighting against racial and gender inequities, using art for civic engagement, and providing fundamental services to those who need it most, to name a few. Our consulting and training services have consistently earned recognition for their pragmatism and relevance.
FMA is seeking a full-time Consultant with a passion for nonprofit finance and operational excellence. This individual will work with the Outsourced Services team to provide accounting systems implementation and serve as a strategic partner with our clients around the nation.
In lieu of COVID-19, FMA staff are currently working remotely. This individual will report to the NYC office; however, we are open to this person being located anywhere in the US.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver full-cycle not-for-profit financial technology services including but not limited to: software implementation of Sage Intacct and QuickBooks Online, training, troubleshooting, and basic accounting services.
- Proactively recommend and implement efficient service delivery mechanisms.
- Present to outside clients and FMA team members as needed.
- Successfully meet project realization goals.
- Follow established implementation standards and operating procedures.
- Provide remote services to clients during the implementation process.
- Provide assistance with setup of applications and training on the applications.
Who You Are
- You have 2-3 years of professional experience in full-cycle accounting software implementation (in not-for-profit setting a plus).
- You have a 4-year degree in Business Administration (or similar field) with a major in Accounting preferred.
- You have strong working knowledge of Sage Intacct, QuickBooks Online, and other cloud-based accounting systems.
- You are proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office.
- You have a track record of being collaborative, proactive, independent and flexible.
- You possess the ability to adapt easily to changing client demands.
- You possess excellent communication skills, customer service orientation, and strong relationship building skills.
- You have previous training and/or consulting experience (preferred, but not required).
If you are interested in applying, please include a cover letter with your resume.
Our employees are encouraged and supported as they develop a broad range of skills through customized professional development and ongoing mentoring. We offer a highly collaborative environment, career enhancing work, competitive compensation, and full benefits.
FMA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. FMA hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. FMA is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages diverse applicants to apply for this position.
Dominique “DD” Dominguez
Senior Talent Associate
- Fiscal Management Associates, LLC. (FMA)
- Dominique “DD” Dominguez
Dominique “DD” Dominguez