The Community Manager, Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement works in partnership with leadership volunteers and committees to drive growth and success in fundraising campaigns. S/he will identify, recruit, train and partner with leadership volunteers to harness their passion and skills and to help maximize what they have to offer to advance the mission of the Foundation. The Community Manager travels throughout the market area to meet with constituents and serves as a key leader for the Foundation with volunteers and supporters. The Community Manager will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness in the community. This position requires responsibility & time split between the Spin4 crohn’s & colitis cures and Special Events campaigns at the local chapter, at the discretion of the direct supervisor.
CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCATED IN THE GREATER AUSTIN,TX AREA
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Manage an annual plan, based on specific revenue goals and timelines, for the successful completion of assigned special events, programs and campaigns.
• Take a lead role in prospecting and cultivation for fundraising events and individual/ foundation/corporate giving initiatives that reflect the interests of constituencies in the local community.
• Work closely with the Community Leadership Council to help them prospect, cultivate and steward new potential donors and volunteers, as well as run successful campaigns associated with fundraising events.
• Maintain accurate and complete records and files for assigned programs and campaigns and routinely review the status of each with the Executive Director.
• Research and identify individuals, foundations and corporations that have potential to support the Foundation. Prepare letters of inquiry, funding requests, grant proposals and other materials to solicit funds, schedule presentations and follow-up as appropriate. Prepare regular progress reports to supporters.
• Coordinate the development and production of collateral materials and web-based promotions related to fundraising events, programs and campaigns.
• Manage public relations and promotion for fundraising events, programs and campaigns.
• Participate in ongoing discussions with the Executive Director with regard to current fundraising events and developing and implementing new initiatives.
• Perform all other duties and tasks required to support new and/or proposed events, programs and campaigns.
• Work with Executive Director to follow up with all donors and manage an annual cultivation communication plan.
• Build a compelling vision for growth and collaborate with volunteer leaders and staff to achieve it.
• Work with leadership volunteers to identify, recruit and engage volunteers who have potential to make an impact.
• Build strong and effective partnerships with volunteers and supporters and help foster a culture of accountability.
• Partner with and support volunteer committees to drive success in campaigns and grow support for our mission.
• Serve as a key leader in your market area building relationships, raising awareness and sharing mission impact with constituents.
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
• 3 – 5 years of experience in not-for-profit fundraising.
• Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement.
• Familiarity with major gift and annual giving campaigns.
• Applicable skills in strategic planning and budgeting, volunteer development and supervision.
• Self-motivated, results-oriented manager with strong organizational skills.
• An effective written and verbal communicator.
• Experience in social media communications, marketing and public relations preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office, Raiser’s Edge, Convio and HubSpot a plus.
• Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
- Boris Povolotskiy